Ariana Grande Talks Being Misunderstood: "Sometimes People Can Confuse My Niceness For Weakness"
By Annie Dee | August 28, 2014 10:50 AM EST
Despite being a mother on her real status with Big Sean, Ariana Grande does not hold anything else back when giving out interviews on her personal life. She recently shared that her kindness is often confused with ditziness.
Ariana Grande performs at the 2013 Wango Tango concert at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California May 11, 2013.
In an interview with Time, the young singer shared generously regarding her childhood, her quirks and her pet peeves. She was totally game to answer all questions thrown at her, even mundane questions such as if she orders "Grande" all the time when she was in Starbucks. She shared that she orders venti from time to time because there are days when venti is enough for her. She also said that 90s fashion, especially the hair, is horrendous, even though she loved the 90s TV shows, especially on Nickelodeon.
However, she got serious when asked if people are shocked that she loves to swear a lot. The young singer shared that she has often misinterpreted and misunderstood.
"I absolutely do. I am Italian! I wish I could less. But I do not know why people are so shocked by me. I guess it is because of the character I played so long being such a goody two-shoes. But I also think that people have a misrepresentation of me as a person because I am friendly and I like to meet people and I like to talk to people and make people laugh. Sometimes people can confuse my niceness for weakness in a way -- or ditziness or stupidity. But it does not go hand-in-hand in that way, you know what I mean?" the singer responded.
Ariana however said that her swearing is the tip of the icerberg compared to her sense of humor.
"When people are shocked when they see me curse, I wish they knew my sense of humor. I have the sense of humor of a 14-year-old boy. It is very crude. When I was 7 years old, my mom took me to see Rocky Horror. That is just how my family is. We were just this Italian family that loves slightly raunchy humor. Everyone sees Frankie on Big Brother, they get the idea", the "Problem" singer shared.
Now if only she was this generous to give out her true relationship with Big Sean. It has recently been reported by E! Online that even though Ryan Seacrest prompted the singer on the issue of her dating Big Sean on his radio talk show, Ariana still refused to confirm nor deny the dating rumours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues