Ariana Grande Talks Being Misunderstood: "Sometimes People Can Confuse My Niceness For Weakness"
By Annie Dee | August 28, 2014 10:50 AM EST
Despite being a mother on her real status with Big Sean, Ariana Grande does not hold anything else back when giving out interviews on her personal life. She recently shared that her kindness is often confused with ditziness.
Ariana Grande performs at the 2013 Wango Tango concert at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California May 11, 2013.
In an interview with Time, the young singer shared generously regarding her childhood, her quirks and her pet peeves. She was totally game to answer all questions thrown at her, even mundane questions such as if she orders "Grande" all the time when she was in Starbucks. She shared that she orders venti from time to time because there are days when venti is enough for her. She also said that 90s fashion, especially the hair, is horrendous, even though she loved the 90s TV shows, especially on Nickelodeon.
However, she got serious when asked if people are shocked that she loves to swear a lot. The young singer shared that she has often misinterpreted and misunderstood.
"I absolutely do. I am Italian! I wish I could less. But I do not know why people are so shocked by me. I guess it is because of the character I played so long being such a goody two-shoes. But I also think that people have a misrepresentation of me as a person because I am friendly and I like to meet people and I like to talk to people and make people laugh. Sometimes people can confuse my niceness for weakness in a way -- or ditziness or stupidity. But it does not go hand-in-hand in that way, you know what I mean?" the singer responded.
Ariana however said that her swearing is the tip of the icerberg compared to her sense of humor.
"When people are shocked when they see me curse, I wish they knew my sense of humor. I have the sense of humor of a 14-year-old boy. It is very crude. When I was 7 years old, my mom took me to see Rocky Horror. That is just how my family is. We were just this Italian family that loves slightly raunchy humor. Everyone sees Frankie on Big Brother, they get the idea", the "Problem" singer shared.
Now if only she was this generous to give out her true relationship with Big Sean. It has recently been reported by E! Online that even though Ryan Seacrest prompted the singer on the issue of her dating Big Sean on his radio talk show, Ariana still refused to confirm nor deny the dating rumours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate