Ariana Grande Talks Being Misunderstood: "Sometimes People Can Confuse My Niceness For Weakness"
By Annie Dee | August 28, 2014 10:50 AM EST
Despite being a mother on her real status with Big Sean, Ariana Grande does not hold anything else back when giving out interviews on her personal life. She recently shared that her kindness is often confused with ditziness.
Ariana Grande performs at the 2013 Wango Tango concert at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California May 11, 2013.
In an interview with Time, the young singer shared generously regarding her childhood, her quirks and her pet peeves. She was totally game to answer all questions thrown at her, even mundane questions such as if she orders "Grande" all the time when she was in Starbucks. She shared that she orders venti from time to time because there are days when venti is enough for her. She also said that 90s fashion, especially the hair, is horrendous, even though she loved the 90s TV shows, especially on Nickelodeon.
However, she got serious when asked if people are shocked that she loves to swear a lot. The young singer shared that she has often misinterpreted and misunderstood.
"I absolutely do. I am Italian! I wish I could less. But I do not know why people are so shocked by me. I guess it is because of the character I played so long being such a goody two-shoes. But I also think that people have a misrepresentation of me as a person because I am friendly and I like to meet people and I like to talk to people and make people laugh. Sometimes people can confuse my niceness for weakness in a way -- or ditziness or stupidity. But it does not go hand-in-hand in that way, you know what I mean?" the singer responded.
Ariana however said that her swearing is the tip of the icerberg compared to her sense of humor.
"When people are shocked when they see me curse, I wish they knew my sense of humor. I have the sense of humor of a 14-year-old boy. It is very crude. When I was 7 years old, my mom took me to see Rocky Horror. That is just how my family is. We were just this Italian family that loves slightly raunchy humor. Everyone sees Frankie on Big Brother, they get the idea", the "Problem" singer shared.
Now if only she was this generous to give out her true relationship with Big Sean. It has recently been reported by E! Online that even though Ryan Seacrest prompted the singer on the issue of her dating Big Sean on his radio talk show, Ariana still refused to confirm nor deny the dating rumours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions