Ariana Grande Talks Being Misunderstood: "Sometimes People Can Confuse My Niceness For Weakness"
By Annie Dee | August 28, 2014 10:50 AM EST
Despite being a mother on her real status with Big Sean, Ariana Grande does not hold anything else back when giving out interviews on her personal life. She recently shared that her kindness is often confused with ditziness.
Ariana Grande performs at the 2013 Wango Tango concert at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California May 11, 2013.
In an interview with Time, the young singer shared generously regarding her childhood, her quirks and her pet peeves. She was totally game to answer all questions thrown at her, even mundane questions such as if she orders "Grande" all the time when she was in Starbucks. She shared that she orders venti from time to time because there are days when venti is enough for her. She also said that 90s fashion, especially the hair, is horrendous, even though she loved the 90s TV shows, especially on Nickelodeon.
However, she got serious when asked if people are shocked that she loves to swear a lot. The young singer shared that she has often misinterpreted and misunderstood.
"I absolutely do. I am Italian! I wish I could less. But I do not know why people are so shocked by me. I guess it is because of the character I played so long being such a goody two-shoes. But I also think that people have a misrepresentation of me as a person because I am friendly and I like to meet people and I like to talk to people and make people laugh. Sometimes people can confuse my niceness for weakness in a way -- or ditziness or stupidity. But it does not go hand-in-hand in that way, you know what I mean?" the singer responded.
Ariana however said that her swearing is the tip of the icerberg compared to her sense of humor.
"When people are shocked when they see me curse, I wish they knew my sense of humor. I have the sense of humor of a 14-year-old boy. It is very crude. When I was 7 years old, my mom took me to see Rocky Horror. That is just how my family is. We were just this Italian family that loves slightly raunchy humor. Everyone sees Frankie on Big Brother, they get the idea", the "Problem" singer shared.
Now if only she was this generous to give out her true relationship with Big Sean. It has recently been reported by E! Online that even though Ryan Seacrest prompted the singer on the issue of her dating Big Sean on his radio talk show, Ariana still refused to confirm nor deny the dating rumours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast