Emmys: Sarah Hyland's Tantrum Caused By Split From Matt Prokop --- Report
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 10:30 AM EST
"Modern Family" actress Sarah Hyland splits from boyfriend of five years, Matt Prokop, and a report claimed it's probably the reason for her red carpet meltdown at the Emmys.
Sarah Hyland, from ABCs "Modern Family," poses backstage at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 25, 2014.
Sarah Hyland's representative has confirmed the break up to US Weekly. Along with other multiple sources who can affirm that the split happened, the rep claims the break up with Matt Prokop was said to have been done on friendly terms.
"It didn't work out," the rep told the publication.
"She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends," Sarah Hyland's representative added.
However, despite the break up, the actress is "doing fine" according to her rep.
Apparently, Sarah Hyland attended NBC's 66th Emmys on Aug. 25 without a date. She reportedly also had a meltdown on the red carpet.
According to Life and Style Mag, the 23-year-old brunette had a tantrum when she arrived at the Emmys. The actress graced the event wearing a Christian Siriano coral skirt paired with a white crop top. Apparently, she wasn't too happy about the choice of footwear.
An eyewitness told the publication that Sarah Hyland had trouble walking on her Jimmy Choo shoes, so she reportedly sat down on the side near the railings to take them off. Then the onlooker claimed the actress also freaked out over the heels of her shoes. While sitting, she allegedly yelled at her publicist, "I told you they were too high." (See picture from Life and Style Mag).
The publication claims understandably the meltdown was caused by the break up with the 24-year old Matt Prokop.
Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop first met in 2008, when they auditioned for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year." They later reconnected when they were both cast in Disney's original movie "Geek Charming" in 2011. The couple reportedly lived together during their five-year relationship. They were proud parents to a 4-year-old dog, a Maltipoo named Barkley Bixby.
Despite the breakup, Huffington Post reports Sarah Hyland seemed to have enjoyed her time at the Emmys with her "Modern Family" co-stars during the after-party. Apparently, winning "Outstanding Comedy Series" calls for a celebration.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage