Emmys: Sarah Hyland's Tantrum Caused By Split From Matt Prokop --- Report
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 10:30 AM EST
"Modern Family" actress Sarah Hyland splits from boyfriend of five years, Matt Prokop, and a report claimed it's probably the reason for her red carpet meltdown at the Emmys.
Sarah Hyland, from ABCs "Modern Family," poses backstage at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 25, 2014.
Sarah Hyland's representative has confirmed the break up to US Weekly. Along with other multiple sources who can affirm that the split happened, the rep claims the break up with Matt Prokop was said to have been done on friendly terms.
"It didn't work out," the rep told the publication.
"She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends," Sarah Hyland's representative added.
However, despite the break up, the actress is "doing fine" according to her rep.
Apparently, Sarah Hyland attended NBC's 66th Emmys on Aug. 25 without a date. She reportedly also had a meltdown on the red carpet.
According to Life and Style Mag, the 23-year-old brunette had a tantrum when she arrived at the Emmys. The actress graced the event wearing a Christian Siriano coral skirt paired with a white crop top. Apparently, she wasn't too happy about the choice of footwear.
An eyewitness told the publication that Sarah Hyland had trouble walking on her Jimmy Choo shoes, so she reportedly sat down on the side near the railings to take them off. Then the onlooker claimed the actress also freaked out over the heels of her shoes. While sitting, she allegedly yelled at her publicist, "I told you they were too high." (See picture from Life and Style Mag).
The publication claims understandably the meltdown was caused by the break up with the 24-year old Matt Prokop.
Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop first met in 2008, when they auditioned for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year." They later reconnected when they were both cast in Disney's original movie "Geek Charming" in 2011. The couple reportedly lived together during their five-year relationship. They were proud parents to a 4-year-old dog, a Maltipoo named Barkley Bixby.
Despite the breakup, Huffington Post reports Sarah Hyland seemed to have enjoyed her time at the Emmys with her "Modern Family" co-stars during the after-party. Apparently, winning "Outstanding Comedy Series" calls for a celebration.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop