Emmys: Sarah Hyland's Tantrum Caused By Split From Matt Prokop --- Report
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 10:30 AM EST
"Modern Family" actress Sarah Hyland splits from boyfriend of five years, Matt Prokop, and a report claimed it's probably the reason for her red carpet meltdown at the Emmys.
Sarah Hyland, from ABCs "Modern Family," poses backstage at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 25, 2014.
Sarah Hyland's representative has confirmed the break up to US Weekly. Along with other multiple sources who can affirm that the split happened, the rep claims the break up with Matt Prokop was said to have been done on friendly terms.
"It didn't work out," the rep told the publication.
"She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends," Sarah Hyland's representative added.
However, despite the break up, the actress is "doing fine" according to her rep.
Apparently, Sarah Hyland attended NBC's 66th Emmys on Aug. 25 without a date. She reportedly also had a meltdown on the red carpet.
According to Life and Style Mag, the 23-year-old brunette had a tantrum when she arrived at the Emmys. The actress graced the event wearing a Christian Siriano coral skirt paired with a white crop top. Apparently, she wasn't too happy about the choice of footwear.
An eyewitness told the publication that Sarah Hyland had trouble walking on her Jimmy Choo shoes, so she reportedly sat down on the side near the railings to take them off. Then the onlooker claimed the actress also freaked out over the heels of her shoes. While sitting, she allegedly yelled at her publicist, "I told you they were too high." (See picture from Life and Style Mag).
The publication claims understandably the meltdown was caused by the break up with the 24-year old Matt Prokop.
Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop first met in 2008, when they auditioned for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year." They later reconnected when they were both cast in Disney's original movie "Geek Charming" in 2011. The couple reportedly lived together during their five-year relationship. They were proud parents to a 4-year-old dog, a Maltipoo named Barkley Bixby.
Despite the breakup, Huffington Post reports Sarah Hyland seemed to have enjoyed her time at the Emmys with her "Modern Family" co-stars during the after-party. Apparently, winning "Outstanding Comedy Series" calls for a celebration.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate