Emmys: Sarah Hyland's Tantrum Caused By Split From Matt Prokop --- Report
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 10:30 AM EST
"Modern Family" actress Sarah Hyland splits from boyfriend of five years, Matt Prokop, and a report claimed it's probably the reason for her red carpet meltdown at the Emmys.
Sarah Hyland, from ABCs "Modern Family," poses backstage at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 25, 2014.
Sarah Hyland's representative has confirmed the break up to US Weekly. Along with other multiple sources who can affirm that the split happened, the rep claims the break up with Matt Prokop was said to have been done on friendly terms.
"It didn't work out," the rep told the publication.
"She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends," Sarah Hyland's representative added.
However, despite the break up, the actress is "doing fine" according to her rep.
Apparently, Sarah Hyland attended NBC's 66th Emmys on Aug. 25 without a date. She reportedly also had a meltdown on the red carpet.
According to Life and Style Mag, the 23-year-old brunette had a tantrum when she arrived at the Emmys. The actress graced the event wearing a Christian Siriano coral skirt paired with a white crop top. Apparently, she wasn't too happy about the choice of footwear.
An eyewitness told the publication that Sarah Hyland had trouble walking on her Jimmy Choo shoes, so she reportedly sat down on the side near the railings to take them off. Then the onlooker claimed the actress also freaked out over the heels of her shoes. While sitting, she allegedly yelled at her publicist, "I told you they were too high." (See picture from Life and Style Mag).
The publication claims understandably the meltdown was caused by the break up with the 24-year old Matt Prokop.
Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop first met in 2008, when they auditioned for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year." They later reconnected when they were both cast in Disney's original movie "Geek Charming" in 2011. The couple reportedly lived together during their five-year relationship. They were proud parents to a 4-year-old dog, a Maltipoo named Barkley Bixby.
Despite the breakup, Huffington Post reports Sarah Hyland seemed to have enjoyed her time at the Emmys with her "Modern Family" co-stars during the after-party. Apparently, winning "Outstanding Comedy Series" calls for a celebration.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery