‘The X Factor Australia’ Judge Redfoo Hurt After Attacker Threw Glass At Him in Sydney Hotel
By Anne Lu | August 28, 2014 10:28 AM EST
“The X Factor Australia” judge Redfoo has been attacked at a Sydney hotel. Police have charged a 21-year-old man for throwing a glass at the LMFAO singer early Wednesday morning.
Redfoo, 38, was partying in a private area at the Golden Sheaf Hotel in Double Bay around 12:30 am when the alleged attack happened. A witness said a man just suddenly threw a bottle at the singer.
“They came in quite early in the night. We saw Redfoo and a few of his mates go to their own little private area off the dance floor,” the spectator Josh Allerton told Triple M radio show. “They had a lot of girls up there and all that.
“All of a sudden we saw a shiny object thrown at Redfoo. He went down in pain and it just unfolds.”
Redfoo then started running after his attacker, who was caught by security. He suffered from a 1cm laceration on his right temple, but was allowed to go home after his injury was treated.
The police have arrested the attacker, who is due to appear in court on September 24 for the incident.
“The younger man allegedly attempted to flee the scene; however, he was stopped by security guards. Police were called and he was arrested and taken to Waverly Police Station,” the NSW police said in a statement.
“The older man suffered a cut above his right eye and was treated at the scene by Ambulance Paramedics. The 21-year-old man was later charged with malicious wounding. He was granted conditional bail and will appear at Waverly Local Court on Wednesday 24 September 2014.”
Redfoo, whose real name is Stefan Kendal Gordy, has responded to Allerton’s tweet about the incident.
@Joshayyyy21 jealousy is a hell of a drug!
— Redfoo (@RedFoo) August 27, 2014
He is in the country to fulfil his role at “The X Factor Australia,” where he is the mentor of over 25-year-old contestants. He is set to perform his new single “New Thang” live at the show on Monday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown