‘The X Factor Australia’ Judge Redfoo Hurt After Attacker Threw Glass At Him in Sydney Hotel
By Anne Lu | August 28, 2014 10:28 AM EST
“The X Factor Australia” judge Redfoo has been attacked at a Sydney hotel. Police have charged a 21-year-old man for throwing a glass at the LMFAO singer early Wednesday morning.
Redfoo, 38, was partying in a private area at the Golden Sheaf Hotel in Double Bay around 12:30 am when the alleged attack happened. A witness said a man just suddenly threw a bottle at the singer.
“They came in quite early in the night. We saw Redfoo and a few of his mates go to their own little private area off the dance floor,” the spectator Josh Allerton told Triple M radio show. “They had a lot of girls up there and all that.
“All of a sudden we saw a shiny object thrown at Redfoo. He went down in pain and it just unfolds.”
Redfoo then started running after his attacker, who was caught by security. He suffered from a 1cm laceration on his right temple, but was allowed to go home after his injury was treated.
The police have arrested the attacker, who is due to appear in court on September 24 for the incident.
“The younger man allegedly attempted to flee the scene; however, he was stopped by security guards. Police were called and he was arrested and taken to Waverly Police Station,” the NSW police said in a statement.
“The older man suffered a cut above his right eye and was treated at the scene by Ambulance Paramedics. The 21-year-old man was later charged with malicious wounding. He was granted conditional bail and will appear at Waverly Local Court on Wednesday 24 September 2014.”
Redfoo, whose real name is Stefan Kendal Gordy, has responded to Allerton’s tweet about the incident.
@Joshayyyy21 jealousy is a hell of a drug!
— Redfoo (@RedFoo) August 27, 2014
He is in the country to fulfil his role at “The X Factor Australia,” where he is the mentor of over 25-year-old contestants. He is set to perform his new single “New Thang” live at the show on Monday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Forced Marriages And Child Brides Rampant In Australia: Police Said
- Singapore Top Court Maintains Law Criminalising Gay Sex
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Roast Busters Scandal Investigation: No Charges Filed
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists