Sony Xperia C3 vs. Xperia T3: Buying Guide For Large Screen Display Smartphone
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Sony Mobile is offering two smartphones with more than five inches of screen display and quad-core processors. But Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 differ in certain functions and buyers should know how to match its features to personal lifestyle.
Both Sony Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 sport an IPS LCD screen display and 720p resolution enhanced by Triluminos and BRAVIA Engine 2 display. Sony tags Xperia C3 as PROSelfie while elegance and slimness on Xperia T3.
Sony Xperia C3 sports better camera experience than Xperia T3 with the 8 MP Exmor RS rear camera lens and the PROSelfie 5 MP front camera lens with LED flash. In addition to higher megapixel on the front camera than Xperia T3's, Xperia C3 also offers a 25 mm wide-angle lens with an 80 degree field of view that fits more subject than conventional front cameras.
Both Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 are compatible with various camera apps downloadable via Google Play Store or Sony Select. But these camera apps are more efficient on the 5 MP front camera lens due to the wide view angle and 720p video resolution.
In terms of display screen technology, Sony used IPS LCD on Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 which features better viewing on different angles compared to TFT. Xperia C3 display size is 5.5 inches and slightly larger than the 5.3 inches on Xperia T3 but the image quality on the two is the same at 720p HD resolution.
For buyers preferring slim and sleek design, Xperia T3 provides a super slim phone design of seven millimetres in thickness and 148 grams in weight while Xperia C3 has the thinness of 7.6 millimetres and weighs 150 grams. Xperia T3 visual factor is focused on craftsmanship using stainless steel frame while Xperia C3 addresses more on colour options such as black, white and mint.
Performance and Battery Life
Sony Xperia T3 sports a set of quad-core processors clocked at 1.4 GHz from Qualcomm which is similar on Xperia C3 but clocked at 1.2 GHz only. Both smartphones feature a 1 GB of RAM chipset and Adreno 305 graphics processing unit for graphics, textures and visual rendering.
Moreover, both are capable of using 4G-LTE network and running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which features an improved version of STAMINA mode than Android 4.3 for better battery life. Sony Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 are equipped with battery packs having 2500 mAh battery capacity.
Sony Xperia T3 is already available in Amazon priced at $619 for the unlocked version while Xperia C3 launching was scheduled in China as its first market within the month of August. Sony Mobile has no official pricing yet for Xperia C3 and still unavailable in Amazon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate