Sony Xperia C3 vs. Xperia T3: Buying Guide For Large Screen Display Smartphone
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Sony Mobile is offering two smartphones with more than five inches of screen display and quad-core processors. But Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 differ in certain functions and buyers should know how to match its features to personal lifestyle.
Both Sony Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 sport an IPS LCD screen display and 720p resolution enhanced by Triluminos and BRAVIA Engine 2 display. Sony tags Xperia C3 as PROSelfie while elegance and slimness on Xperia T3.
Sony Xperia C3 sports better camera experience than Xperia T3 with the 8 MP Exmor RS rear camera lens and the PROSelfie 5 MP front camera lens with LED flash. In addition to higher megapixel on the front camera than Xperia T3's, Xperia C3 also offers a 25 mm wide-angle lens with an 80 degree field of view that fits more subject than conventional front cameras.
Both Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 are compatible with various camera apps downloadable via Google Play Store or Sony Select. But these camera apps are more efficient on the 5 MP front camera lens due to the wide view angle and 720p video resolution.
In terms of display screen technology, Sony used IPS LCD on Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 which features better viewing on different angles compared to TFT. Xperia C3 display size is 5.5 inches and slightly larger than the 5.3 inches on Xperia T3 but the image quality on the two is the same at 720p HD resolution.
For buyers preferring slim and sleek design, Xperia T3 provides a super slim phone design of seven millimetres in thickness and 148 grams in weight while Xperia C3 has the thinness of 7.6 millimetres and weighs 150 grams. Xperia T3 visual factor is focused on craftsmanship using stainless steel frame while Xperia C3 addresses more on colour options such as black, white and mint.
Performance and Battery Life
Sony Xperia T3 sports a set of quad-core processors clocked at 1.4 GHz from Qualcomm which is similar on Xperia C3 but clocked at 1.2 GHz only. Both smartphones feature a 1 GB of RAM chipset and Adreno 305 graphics processing unit for graphics, textures and visual rendering.
Moreover, both are capable of using 4G-LTE network and running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which features an improved version of STAMINA mode than Android 4.3 for better battery life. Sony Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 are equipped with battery packs having 2500 mAh battery capacity.
Sony Xperia T3 is already available in Amazon priced at $619 for the unlocked version while Xperia C3 launching was scheduled in China as its first market within the month of August. Sony Mobile has no official pricing yet for Xperia C3 and still unavailable in Amazon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Don’t Mess Up Minecraft: Ten Year Old Sabrina Tells Microsoft
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone