Sony Xperia C3 vs. Xperia T3: Buying Guide For Large Screen Display Smartphone
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Sony Mobile is offering two smartphones with more than five inches of screen display and quad-core processors. But Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 differ in certain functions and buyers should know how to match its features to personal lifestyle.
Both Sony Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 sport an IPS LCD screen display and 720p resolution enhanced by Triluminos and BRAVIA Engine 2 display. Sony tags Xperia C3 as PROSelfie while elegance and slimness on Xperia T3.
Sony Xperia C3 sports better camera experience than Xperia T3 with the 8 MP Exmor RS rear camera lens and the PROSelfie 5 MP front camera lens with LED flash. In addition to higher megapixel on the front camera than Xperia T3's, Xperia C3 also offers a 25 mm wide-angle lens with an 80 degree field of view that fits more subject than conventional front cameras.
Both Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 are compatible with various camera apps downloadable via Google Play Store or Sony Select. But these camera apps are more efficient on the 5 MP front camera lens due to the wide view angle and 720p video resolution.
In terms of display screen technology, Sony used IPS LCD on Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 which features better viewing on different angles compared to TFT. Xperia C3 display size is 5.5 inches and slightly larger than the 5.3 inches on Xperia T3 but the image quality on the two is the same at 720p HD resolution.
For buyers preferring slim and sleek design, Xperia T3 provides a super slim phone design of seven millimetres in thickness and 148 grams in weight while Xperia C3 has the thinness of 7.6 millimetres and weighs 150 grams. Xperia T3 visual factor is focused on craftsmanship using stainless steel frame while Xperia C3 addresses more on colour options such as black, white and mint.
Performance and Battery Life
Sony Xperia T3 sports a set of quad-core processors clocked at 1.4 GHz from Qualcomm which is similar on Xperia C3 but clocked at 1.2 GHz only. Both smartphones feature a 1 GB of RAM chipset and Adreno 305 graphics processing unit for graphics, textures and visual rendering.
Moreover, both are capable of using 4G-LTE network and running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which features an improved version of STAMINA mode than Android 4.3 for better battery life. Sony Xperia C3 and Xperia T3 are equipped with battery packs having 2500 mAh battery capacity.
Sony Xperia T3 is already available in Amazon priced at $619 for the unlocked version while Xperia C3 launching was scheduled in China as its first market within the month of August. Sony Mobile has no official pricing yet for Xperia C3 and still unavailable in Amazon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories