Sony Xperia C3 (Dual-SIM) vs. HTC Desire 816 (Dual-SIM): Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 28, 2014 10:06 AM EST
The upcoming Sony Xperia C3, also referred to as the "world's best selfie smartphone," was launched in July. Also, the affordably-priced Xperia C3 will hit the store shelves in the third quarter of 2014. Meanwhile, the HTC Desire 816 was released in May. Readers who are interested in the HTC Desire 816 or the upcoming Sony Xperia C3 should check out this specification, features and price comparison.
Display, Exterior And Size
Interestingly, both the phones come with the same phablet-like 5.5-inch display along with 720 x 1,280 pixels screen resolution and 267 ppi pixel density. However the display technology varies. The Xperia C3 uses IPS LCD display, while the Desire 816 uses Super LCD2 display.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a glossy polycarbonate plastic exterior unlike the metallic look of the high-end HTC One M8. Nevertheless, the matte effect surrounding the corners of the phone provides a solid, likeable look to the handset, says Trusted Reviews. When it comes to Xperia C3, the handset comes with Triluminos display technology that is synonymous to high-end Sony handsets and mobile BRAVIA Engine 2. This combination provides the mid-range Xperia C3 handset with better colour and image reproduction.
The thickness and the weight of Sony Xperia C3 are 0.30-inch and 149 g respectively. Whereas the HTC Desire 816 is 0.31-inch thick and it weighs 165 g.
Hardware, Software And Memory
Interestingly, both the handsets are powered by the same quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor. While the Sony's processor is clocked at 1.2 GHz and backed by 1 GB of RAM, the HTC device settles for 1.6 GHz and 1.5 GB of RAM.
The Xperia C3 runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS, whereas the Desire 816 runs on the same Android version of the Xperia device along with HTC's Sense 6.0 UI. Furthermore, both the handsets come with 8 GB of internal storage and microSD card support for expansion. However, the expansion limits of HTC Desire 816 and Sony Xperia C3 stand at 128 GB and 32 GB respectively.
Camera And Battery
The HTC handset sports a solid 13 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash, whereas the Sony phone houses an 8 MP primary camera unit with LED flash. In addition, both the phones sport surprisingly good 5 MP front-facing snappers. Notably, the Sony Xperia C3 comes with a unique frontal LED flash, staying true to the name "world's best selfie smartphone."
Along with the frontal LED flash, the Xperia C3 also provides an 80 degree target view. Moreover, selfies can be taken in multiple ways. A Smile Shutter function lets the selfie to be captured with just a smile and the other way is to tap twice on the back of the handset.
When it comes to battery, the HTC Desire 816 houses a Li-Po 2600 mAh battery unit, while the Xperia C3 houses a Li-Ion 2500 mAh battery unit.
1. Apart from the standard connectivity options, the Xperia C3 supports NFC, while the HTC Desire 816 doesn't.
2. Both the phones do not feature dust/water proof exteriors.
3. While the Sony handset supports micro-SIM, the HTC handset supports nano-SIM. Furthermore, both the handsets come with dual-SIM support.
4. The HTC Desire 816 comes in black, white, red/orange, green and gray shades, whereas the Sony Xperia C3 comes in black, white, and mint hues. However, not all colours are widely available.
1. Upcoming Nexus X (aka Nexus 6) With Android L To Release During Halloween Time Frame; Spotted In AnTuTu Revealing Full Specifications - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899