Bob Dylan's Unreleased Music From 1960s To Be Made Into An Album For Public, Will Have 138 New Songs From Dylan
By nidhi tewari | August 28, 2014 9:57 AM EST
Legendary singer Bob Dylan has a lot of unreleased material from the 1960s that will now be released after a span of four decades. Titled "The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11" the six-CD set will have 138 tracks that will be released to the public on November 4. Of the 138 tracks, 30 were not known to have existed.
Bob Dylan and the musicians who later became The Band recorded some really good rock music in the 60s mostly written by Dylan. The unheard tracks of Dylan will now be released to the public almost half a century later by Columbia/Legacy Records, reveals Rolling Stone magazine. The upcoming album will also have alternate versions of "Blowin' In The Wind" and "It Ain't Me Babe" by Johnny Cash and Curtis Mayfield.
There will also be some 30 tracks that "even fanatical Dylan fans never knew existed," claims the magazine. The six-disc collection has been made from Bob Dylan's restored original tapes, many of which were discovered only recently. Dylan and the Band had no plans to release the album back then as most of the songs were reportedly recorded as demos for other artists to record, USA Today is reporting.
The music was mostly recorded in 1967 sessions at the Saugerties, N.Y., house known as Big Pink, Rolling Stone reports. Big Pink is the place where Dylan spent his time after a motorcycle accident and recorded more than 100 songs, including the "I Shall Be Released" and "You Ain't Going Nowhere."
In 1975, some part of his music was released as "The Basement Tapes." But the new collection will feature "every salvageable recording from the tapes, including recently discovered early gems recorded in the 'Red Room' of Dylan's home in upstate New York," says Rolling Stone magazine.
Dylan's music will be available to his fans digitally for the first time ever, thanks to Garth Hudson and Canadian music archivist and producer Jan Haust, who worked hard to restore the deteriorating tapes. Apart from the six-CD set, the record company will additionally release a two-disc set of highlights titled "The Basement Tapes Raw: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery