Bob Dylan's Unreleased Music From 1960s To Be Made Into An Album For Public, Will Have 138 New Songs From Dylan
By nidhi tewari | August 28, 2014 9:57 AM EST
Legendary singer Bob Dylan has a lot of unreleased material from the 1960s that will now be released after a span of four decades. Titled "The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11" the six-CD set will have 138 tracks that will be released to the public on November 4. Of the 138 tracks, 30 were not known to have existed.
Bob Dylan and the musicians who later became The Band recorded some really good rock music in the 60s mostly written by Dylan. The unheard tracks of Dylan will now be released to the public almost half a century later by Columbia/Legacy Records, reveals Rolling Stone magazine. The upcoming album will also have alternate versions of "Blowin' In The Wind" and "It Ain't Me Babe" by Johnny Cash and Curtis Mayfield.
There will also be some 30 tracks that "even fanatical Dylan fans never knew existed," claims the magazine. The six-disc collection has been made from Bob Dylan's restored original tapes, many of which were discovered only recently. Dylan and the Band had no plans to release the album back then as most of the songs were reportedly recorded as demos for other artists to record, USA Today is reporting.
The music was mostly recorded in 1967 sessions at the Saugerties, N.Y., house known as Big Pink, Rolling Stone reports. Big Pink is the place where Dylan spent his time after a motorcycle accident and recorded more than 100 songs, including the "I Shall Be Released" and "You Ain't Going Nowhere."
In 1975, some part of his music was released as "The Basement Tapes." But the new collection will feature "every salvageable recording from the tapes, including recently discovered early gems recorded in the 'Red Room' of Dylan's home in upstate New York," says Rolling Stone magazine.
Dylan's music will be available to his fans digitally for the first time ever, thanks to Garth Hudson and Canadian music archivist and producer Jan Haust, who worked hard to restore the deteriorating tapes. Apart from the six-CD set, the record company will additionally release a two-disc set of highlights titled "The Basement Tapes Raw: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS