Bob Dylan's Unreleased Music From 1960s To Be Made Into An Album For Public, Will Have 138 New Songs From Dylan
By nidhi tewari | August 28, 2014 9:57 AM EST
Legendary singer Bob Dylan has a lot of unreleased material from the 1960s that will now be released after a span of four decades. Titled "The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11" the six-CD set will have 138 tracks that will be released to the public on November 4. Of the 138 tracks, 30 were not known to have existed.
Bob Dylan and the musicians who later became The Band recorded some really good rock music in the 60s mostly written by Dylan. The unheard tracks of Dylan will now be released to the public almost half a century later by Columbia/Legacy Records, reveals Rolling Stone magazine. The upcoming album will also have alternate versions of "Blowin' In The Wind" and "It Ain't Me Babe" by Johnny Cash and Curtis Mayfield.
There will also be some 30 tracks that "even fanatical Dylan fans never knew existed," claims the magazine. The six-disc collection has been made from Bob Dylan's restored original tapes, many of which were discovered only recently. Dylan and the Band had no plans to release the album back then as most of the songs were reportedly recorded as demos for other artists to record, USA Today is reporting.
The music was mostly recorded in 1967 sessions at the Saugerties, N.Y., house known as Big Pink, Rolling Stone reports. Big Pink is the place where Dylan spent his time after a motorcycle accident and recorded more than 100 songs, including the "I Shall Be Released" and "You Ain't Going Nowhere."
In 1975, some part of his music was released as "The Basement Tapes." But the new collection will feature "every salvageable recording from the tapes, including recently discovered early gems recorded in the 'Red Room' of Dylan's home in upstate New York," says Rolling Stone magazine.
Dylan's music will be available to his fans digitally for the first time ever, thanks to Garth Hudson and Canadian music archivist and producer Jan Haust, who worked hard to restore the deteriorating tapes. Apart from the six-CD set, the record company will additionally release a two-disc set of highlights titled "The Basement Tapes Raw: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage