Bob Dylan's Unreleased Music From 1960s To Be Made Into An Album For Public, Will Have 138 New Songs From Dylan
By nidhi tewari | August 28, 2014 9:57 AM EST
Legendary singer Bob Dylan has a lot of unreleased material from the 1960s that will now be released after a span of four decades. Titled "The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11" the six-CD set will have 138 tracks that will be released to the public on November 4. Of the 138 tracks, 30 were not known to have existed.
Bob Dylan and the musicians who later became The Band recorded some really good rock music in the 60s mostly written by Dylan. The unheard tracks of Dylan will now be released to the public almost half a century later by Columbia/Legacy Records, reveals Rolling Stone magazine. The upcoming album will also have alternate versions of "Blowin' In The Wind" and "It Ain't Me Babe" by Johnny Cash and Curtis Mayfield.
There will also be some 30 tracks that "even fanatical Dylan fans never knew existed," claims the magazine. The six-disc collection has been made from Bob Dylan's restored original tapes, many of which were discovered only recently. Dylan and the Band had no plans to release the album back then as most of the songs were reportedly recorded as demos for other artists to record, USA Today is reporting.
The music was mostly recorded in 1967 sessions at the Saugerties, N.Y., house known as Big Pink, Rolling Stone reports. Big Pink is the place where Dylan spent his time after a motorcycle accident and recorded more than 100 songs, including the "I Shall Be Released" and "You Ain't Going Nowhere."
In 1975, some part of his music was released as "The Basement Tapes." But the new collection will feature "every salvageable recording from the tapes, including recently discovered early gems recorded in the 'Red Room' of Dylan's home in upstate New York," says Rolling Stone magazine.
Dylan's music will be available to his fans digitally for the first time ever, thanks to Garth Hudson and Canadian music archivist and producer Jan Haust, who worked hard to restore the deteriorating tapes. Apart from the six-CD set, the record company will additionally release a two-disc set of highlights titled "The Basement Tapes Raw: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around