'Batman V Superman': Gotham In Detroit, City Jail Hints Commissioner Gordon Appearance
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 9:50 AM EST
"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is heading to U.S. theatres on March 25, 2015. Ahead of its release, more and more movie details have made the rounds on the Internet -- the latest pointing to the set photos hinting of a new location for Gotham City, which in turn suggest the presence of Commissioner Gordon in the film.
Film producer Jon Peters poses with a Batman (L) and Superman (R) costume after ceremonies unveiling his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California May 1, 2007. Peters produced the 1976 film, "A Star is Born", starring Barbra Streisand and others such as "Flashdance", "Rain Man", "Batman" and "Superman Returns".
Casts and crew of the "Man of Steel" sequel have reportedly been busy filming in Detroit. Movieweb claims the production even used the city for scenes representing Washington D.C. and Metropolis. Recently, new photos have emerged, courtesy of Twitter users Tim Reinman and Tim Malin, which reveal Detroit is also being doubled for Gotham City, especially the Gotham City Jail.
According to Malin and Reinman, as captioned on the first photo, they "went for a walk in Detroit and wound up in Gotham." The second photo captured a few wanted posters inside the new Gotham City Jail where Malin even joked and captioned it "Hopefully they don't put @treinman and my wanted poster up inside the Gotham City Jail! #BatmanvSuperman."
The third photo from Reinman confirms production of "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is also using Detroit as the new Gotham City. He captioned it with "Detroit is Metropolis, Wash D.C. and now GOTHAM! Again on a walk with Tim M. @D3T0N8R #BatmanvSuperman."
Batman-news claims the fans first sent them the photos and they have reportedly provided high-resolution versions of the images for better viewing. The site added the old Detroit Police Station is used for the new location of Gotham City Jail. The building has been transformed and filming on the said location has reportedly been going on for the past two days.
Although it hasn't been confirmed yet, the Gotham City Jail set photos reportedly had fans wondering if Commissioner Gordon would appear in the movie. Apparently, fans would have to wait until more set photos from the production in Detroit would emerge.
The Gotham City Jail based on the DC comics is reportedly used as a temporary prison for the major offenders before they get shipped off to Stonegate Penitentiary or Arkham Asylum. According to Movieweb, it's still uncertain how the new jail station would be used in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." The site adds the new Gotham City Jail might be used in the future for the "Justice League" movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight