'Batman V Superman': Gotham In Detroit, City Jail Hints Commissioner Gordon Appearance
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 9:50 AM EST
"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is heading to U.S. theatres on March 25, 2015. Ahead of its release, more and more movie details have made the rounds on the Internet -- the latest pointing to the set photos hinting of a new location for Gotham City, which in turn suggest the presence of Commissioner Gordon in the film.
Film producer Jon Peters poses with a Batman (L) and Superman (R) costume after ceremonies unveiling his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California May 1, 2007. Peters produced the 1976 film, "A Star is Born", starring Barbra Streisand and others such as "Flashdance", "Rain Man", "Batman" and "Superman Returns".
Casts and crew of the "Man of Steel" sequel have reportedly been busy filming in Detroit. Movieweb claims the production even used the city for scenes representing Washington D.C. and Metropolis. Recently, new photos have emerged, courtesy of Twitter users Tim Reinman and Tim Malin, which reveal Detroit is also being doubled for Gotham City, especially the Gotham City Jail.
According to Malin and Reinman, as captioned on the first photo, they "went for a walk in Detroit and wound up in Gotham." The second photo captured a few wanted posters inside the new Gotham City Jail where Malin even joked and captioned it "Hopefully they don't put @treinman and my wanted poster up inside the Gotham City Jail! #BatmanvSuperman."
The third photo from Reinman confirms production of "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is also using Detroit as the new Gotham City. He captioned it with "Detroit is Metropolis, Wash D.C. and now GOTHAM! Again on a walk with Tim M. @D3T0N8R #BatmanvSuperman."
Batman-news claims the fans first sent them the photos and they have reportedly provided high-resolution versions of the images for better viewing. The site added the old Detroit Police Station is used for the new location of Gotham City Jail. The building has been transformed and filming on the said location has reportedly been going on for the past two days.
Although it hasn't been confirmed yet, the Gotham City Jail set photos reportedly had fans wondering if Commissioner Gordon would appear in the movie. Apparently, fans would have to wait until more set photos from the production in Detroit would emerge.
The Gotham City Jail based on the DC comics is reportedly used as a temporary prison for the major offenders before they get shipped off to Stonegate Penitentiary or Arkham Asylum. According to Movieweb, it's still uncertain how the new jail station would be used in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." The site adds the new Gotham City Jail might be used in the future for the "Justice League" movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier