‘Batman V Superman’: Morocco Filming Set Up For Aquaman—Report
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 9:27 AM EST
Filming for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is reportedly heading to Morocco, and a report claims there are four possible reasons why the cast and crew have decided to go to a warmer climate. However, the reason that stands out the most is its possible relation to Aquaman.
Film producer Jon Peters poses with a Batman (L) and Superman (R) costume after ceremonies unveiling his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California May 1, 2007. Peters produced the 1976 film, "A Star is Born", starring Barbra Streisand and others such as "Flashdance", "Rain Man", "Batman" and "Superman Returns".
On Aug. 19, Batman-news reported production for the "Man of Steel" sequel will take some shots of the Moroccan desert. Local film producer/director Nassim Abassi confirmed this on his Twitter account.
— nassim abassi (@nassimabassi) August 19, 2014
The country is reportedly known for its beaches, great architecture and deserts. Filming in Morocco isn't expected to take up three months, according to the site. However, despite the assumed short stay, Cinema Blend has come up with four possible reasons why Zack Snyder and team decided to shoot some scenes for the movie in the country.
According to writer Mike Reyes, the first would be being the "climate based decision" that has something to do with the temperature. Second, some scenes in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" might require a much larger real estate of the desert. Reyes suggests the Moroccan desert could hide any details of a possible Lex Corp or government site that deals with the shady business of Kryptonite-related projects. However, the third reason poses an intriguing possibility that Aquaman might make an appearance in the movie.
The writer credits this speculation to the movie's DC comicbook source. Movie director Zack Snyder has reportedly derived some concepts for the movie from the New 52 series of its original source. Reyes claims there's a possibility Snyder could be utilising "Lost" as basis in introducing Aquaman in the movie.
In "Lost," Aquaman finds himself in the desert and has no recollection of how he got there. Thanks to the "World Engine" theory Atlantis is ruined. According to Reyes, this storyline in the comics would greatly fit in well with "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice."
Lastly, rumours have it that the movie will be shooting back-to-back scenes with "Justice League" thus the need for more location spots.
"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is slated for a U.S. release on March 25, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef