‘Batman V Superman’: Morocco Filming Set Up For Aquaman—Report
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 9:27 AM EST
Filming for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is reportedly heading to Morocco, and a report claims there are four possible reasons why the cast and crew have decided to go to a warmer climate. However, the reason that stands out the most is its possible relation to Aquaman.
Film producer Jon Peters poses with a Batman (L) and Superman (R) costume after ceremonies unveiling his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California May 1, 2007. Peters produced the 1976 film, "A Star is Born", starring Barbra Streisand and others such as "Flashdance", "Rain Man", "Batman" and "Superman Returns".
On Aug. 19, Batman-news reported production for the "Man of Steel" sequel will take some shots of the Moroccan desert. Local film producer/director Nassim Abassi confirmed this on his Twitter account.
— nassim abassi (@nassimabassi) August 19, 2014
The country is reportedly known for its beaches, great architecture and deserts. Filming in Morocco isn't expected to take up three months, according to the site. However, despite the assumed short stay, Cinema Blend has come up with four possible reasons why Zack Snyder and team decided to shoot some scenes for the movie in the country.
According to writer Mike Reyes, the first would be being the "climate based decision" that has something to do with the temperature. Second, some scenes in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" might require a much larger real estate of the desert. Reyes suggests the Moroccan desert could hide any details of a possible Lex Corp or government site that deals with the shady business of Kryptonite-related projects. However, the third reason poses an intriguing possibility that Aquaman might make an appearance in the movie.
The writer credits this speculation to the movie's DC comicbook source. Movie director Zack Snyder has reportedly derived some concepts for the movie from the New 52 series of its original source. Reyes claims there's a possibility Snyder could be utilising "Lost" as basis in introducing Aquaman in the movie.
In "Lost," Aquaman finds himself in the desert and has no recollection of how he got there. Thanks to the "World Engine" theory Atlantis is ruined. According to Reyes, this storyline in the comics would greatly fit in well with "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice."
Lastly, rumours have it that the movie will be shooting back-to-back scenes with "Justice League" thus the need for more location spots.
"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is slated for a U.S. release on March 25, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft