‘Batman V Superman’: Morocco Filming Set Up For Aquaman—Report
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 9:27 AM EST
Filming for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is reportedly heading to Morocco, and a report claims there are four possible reasons why the cast and crew have decided to go to a warmer climate. However, the reason that stands out the most is its possible relation to Aquaman.
Film producer Jon Peters poses with a Batman (L) and Superman (R) costume after ceremonies unveiling his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California May 1, 2007. Peters produced the 1976 film, "A Star is Born", starring Barbra Streisand and others such as "Flashdance", "Rain Man", "Batman" and "Superman Returns".
On Aug. 19, Batman-news reported production for the "Man of Steel" sequel will take some shots of the Moroccan desert. Local film producer/director Nassim Abassi confirmed this on his Twitter account.
— nassim abassi (@nassimabassi) August 19, 2014
The country is reportedly known for its beaches, great architecture and deserts. Filming in Morocco isn't expected to take up three months, according to the site. However, despite the assumed short stay, Cinema Blend has come up with four possible reasons why Zack Snyder and team decided to shoot some scenes for the movie in the country.
According to writer Mike Reyes, the first would be being the "climate based decision" that has something to do with the temperature. Second, some scenes in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" might require a much larger real estate of the desert. Reyes suggests the Moroccan desert could hide any details of a possible Lex Corp or government site that deals with the shady business of Kryptonite-related projects. However, the third reason poses an intriguing possibility that Aquaman might make an appearance in the movie.
The writer credits this speculation to the movie's DC comicbook source. Movie director Zack Snyder has reportedly derived some concepts for the movie from the New 52 series of its original source. Reyes claims there's a possibility Snyder could be utilising "Lost" as basis in introducing Aquaman in the movie.
In "Lost," Aquaman finds himself in the desert and has no recollection of how he got there. Thanks to the "World Engine" theory Atlantis is ruined. According to Reyes, this storyline in the comics would greatly fit in well with "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice."
Lastly, rumours have it that the movie will be shooting back-to-back scenes with "Justice League" thus the need for more location spots.
"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is slated for a U.S. release on March 25, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories