‘Batman V Superman’: Morocco Filming Set Up For Aquaman—Report
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 9:27 AM EST
Filming for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is reportedly heading to Morocco, and a report claims there are four possible reasons why the cast and crew have decided to go to a warmer climate. However, the reason that stands out the most is its possible relation to Aquaman.
Film producer Jon Peters poses with a Batman (L) and Superman (R) costume after ceremonies unveiling his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California May 1, 2007. Peters produced the 1976 film, "A Star is Born", starring Barbra Streisand and others such as "Flashdance", "Rain Man", "Batman" and "Superman Returns".
On Aug. 19, Batman-news reported production for the "Man of Steel" sequel will take some shots of the Moroccan desert. Local film producer/director Nassim Abassi confirmed this on his Twitter account.
— nassim abassi (@nassimabassi) August 19, 2014
The country is reportedly known for its beaches, great architecture and deserts. Filming in Morocco isn't expected to take up three months, according to the site. However, despite the assumed short stay, Cinema Blend has come up with four possible reasons why Zack Snyder and team decided to shoot some scenes for the movie in the country.
According to writer Mike Reyes, the first would be being the "climate based decision" that has something to do with the temperature. Second, some scenes in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" might require a much larger real estate of the desert. Reyes suggests the Moroccan desert could hide any details of a possible Lex Corp or government site that deals with the shady business of Kryptonite-related projects. However, the third reason poses an intriguing possibility that Aquaman might make an appearance in the movie.
The writer credits this speculation to the movie's DC comicbook source. Movie director Zack Snyder has reportedly derived some concepts for the movie from the New 52 series of its original source. Reyes claims there's a possibility Snyder could be utilising "Lost" as basis in introducing Aquaman in the movie.
In "Lost," Aquaman finds himself in the desert and has no recollection of how he got there. Thanks to the "World Engine" theory Atlantis is ruined. According to Reyes, this storyline in the comics would greatly fit in well with "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice."
Lastly, rumours have it that the movie will be shooting back-to-back scenes with "Justice League" thus the need for more location spots.
"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" is slated for a U.S. release on March 25, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate