Trendsetter Vanessa Hudgens Admits Collaborating With A Friend To Make New Music, Talks Being A Loner
By Annie Dee | August 28, 2014 9:15 AM EST
Vanessa Hudgens shares it all on her new cover interview for Flaunt magazine's The Distress Issue: Back To School, exciting everyone when she admitted that she's working on new music. The "High School Musical" star shares that her upcoming music would be far from Goth, a style that she has been associated to a lot. Rather, everyone should expect her music to be fun, inspiring and majestic. She also opened up about being a loner in her childhood and embracing herself as she got older.
Actress Vanessa Hudgens arrives at the 19th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Award Viewing Party in West Hollywood, California February 27, 2011.
In her Flaunt magazine interview, Vanessa Hudgens talked about boyfriends and her school life before springing it out that she's working on new music. She shared that she was quite a loner but "High School Musical" changed her life when she made really good friends while filming. Even though it does not look like it now, Vanessa told Flaunt magazine that she was really painfully shy, always feeling awkward and freaking out when being around a bunch of people. The sweet girl who can belt out some good notes also shared that she's the type of person who does not need a ton of people n her life so she was contented to have just one best friend while she was young.
Vanessa however shared that her shyness did not stop her from having a boyfriend as early as in sixth grade. The actress however shared that looking at it now, it was a very funny type of relationship.
"Well, my first boyfriend was in sixth grade. At the time, you think it's a big relationship but it's the furthest thing from a relationship you can possibly imagine. And there are certain rules, too. Like you can't let them [your partner] break up with you-you have to break up with them. You can't become the dumpee! You'll become untouchable. I had to break up with my boyfriend before he broke up with me. I had to," she candidly shared.
The young actress also shared that her teens was a learning phase. It was a time meant for finding oneself. However, she shared that learning phase made her who she is today, a young, happy adult. She shared how much she loves being herself, which means she has to stop thinking what others would say of her.
"I love being myself. It's hard to be yourself-you have to get into your core and into some painful places. But freeing yourself from judgment feels so great," shared the budding actress. Yoga helped her a lot.
Vanessa Hudgens however shared one tidbit that made everyone's heart flutter. Asked if she has any big projects on the horizon, she shared that she is working on music and collaborating with her best friend to do it. The actress claimed that no trace of Goth can be found on her new music and it will sound like something people would not be expecting.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election