Nick Cannon-Mariah Carey Dine Out After ‘6 Months Of Contempt’ And Amidst Divorce Reports
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 8:43 AM EST
Reports claimed a Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon divorce is imminent especially after the host confirmed to the media that he and Mariah have been living separately for the past months.
Nick Cannon (L) speaks to a reporter while his wife Mariah Carey (2nd R) looks on during the New York film premiere of director Lee Daniels' 'The Butler' at the Ziegfeld Theater in New York August 5, 2013. Carey dislocated her shoulder.
Despite reports that Cannon and Carey's divorce is final, TMZ claims they were recently out on a date. Sources told the gossip site that Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon "are not only in good terms" for the sake of their children, but they reportedly even went out for dinner together on Friday, Aug. 23 in Tribeca in New York City.
Hollywood Life claims the reason the pair decided to go out for a dinner date was to at least be courteous towards each other for the sake of their children, 3-year-old twins Moroccan and Monroe. Sources also told TMZ the couple is trying to make the divorce easy for their children's sake. The couple is reportedly focused on the welfare of their kids, as what Nick Cannon pointed out to The Insider.
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's dinner date is a "big improvement from 6 months ago," according to TMZ. The couple reportedly harbored so much hatred for each other they could barely stand being near or around each other. According to the site, "there was so much contempt they literally could not be in the same room together."
However, Friday's date reportedly does not hint of a possible reconciliation. The gossip sites suggest there is no hope for a "they are getting back together" story between Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon. Hollywood Life claims the couple is just happy that they are no longer quarreling with each other.
A source also told the tabloid that Mariah's trust issues and self-esteem were the main reasons why she and Nick are now living separately. Nick Cannon confirmed to The Insider he and his wife "have been living in separate houses for a few months."
"She just couldn't shake it," the source said. Mariah Carey was reportedly "always so serious and stressed out, worrying if Nick was cheating."
"Not trusting him, it all just got to be too much and it put a huge strain on the relationship," the source added.
Despite reports that the divorce is a done deal, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon have remained mum. Mariah's rep also denied to comment on the singer's personal life but stressed once again the importance of her kids. The rep said Mariah "is focusing on her children" and her upcoming tour.
Source: YouTube/ TMZ
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’