Nick Cannon-Mariah Carey Dine Out After ‘6 Months Of Contempt’ And Amidst Divorce Reports
By Tanya Diente | August 28, 2014 8:43 AM EST
Reports claimed a Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon divorce is imminent especially after the host confirmed to the media that he and Mariah have been living separately for the past months.
Nick Cannon (L) speaks to a reporter while his wife Mariah Carey (2nd R) looks on during the New York film premiere of director Lee Daniels' 'The Butler' at the Ziegfeld Theater in New York August 5, 2013. Carey dislocated her shoulder.
Despite reports that Cannon and Carey's divorce is final, TMZ claims they were recently out on a date. Sources told the gossip site that Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon "are not only in good terms" for the sake of their children, but they reportedly even went out for dinner together on Friday, Aug. 23 in Tribeca in New York City.
Hollywood Life claims the reason the pair decided to go out for a dinner date was to at least be courteous towards each other for the sake of their children, 3-year-old twins Moroccan and Monroe. Sources also told TMZ the couple is trying to make the divorce easy for their children's sake. The couple is reportedly focused on the welfare of their kids, as what Nick Cannon pointed out to The Insider.
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's dinner date is a "big improvement from 6 months ago," according to TMZ. The couple reportedly harbored so much hatred for each other they could barely stand being near or around each other. According to the site, "there was so much contempt they literally could not be in the same room together."
However, Friday's date reportedly does not hint of a possible reconciliation. The gossip sites suggest there is no hope for a "they are getting back together" story between Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon. Hollywood Life claims the couple is just happy that they are no longer quarreling with each other.
A source also told the tabloid that Mariah's trust issues and self-esteem were the main reasons why she and Nick are now living separately. Nick Cannon confirmed to The Insider he and his wife "have been living in separate houses for a few months."
"She just couldn't shake it," the source said. Mariah Carey was reportedly "always so serious and stressed out, worrying if Nick was cheating."
"Not trusting him, it all just got to be too much and it put a huge strain on the relationship," the source added.
Despite reports that the divorce is a done deal, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon have remained mum. Mariah's rep also denied to comment on the singer's personal life but stressed once again the importance of her kids. The rep said Mariah "is focusing on her children" and her upcoming tour.
Source: YouTube/ TMZ
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Update: Laurina Talks About Her Exit, Jessica’s Acting Background Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1