Ariana Grande Hugs And Kisses Miley Cyrus At VMA, Miley Taken By Surprise By Grande's Gesture
By nidhi tewari | August 28, 2014 8:41 AM EST
Ariana Grande, who won big at MTV Video Music Awards over the weekend, showed her love for fellow singer Miley Cyrus when she went on stage to accept her own award. Ariana's music video for the song "Problem" won the Best Pop Video of the Year gong at the VMA's and she was thrilled by the achievement.
REUTERS/Fred Thornhill .
Ariana Grande clearly hinted that she is much happy in her new love life. File photo/REUTERS/Fred Thornhill .
On her way to stage, she grabbed singer Miley Cyrus for a friendly hug and kissed her affectionately on the cheeks. Miley seemed quite in awe of Grande's sweet gesture and can be seen congratulating the singer. The "We Can't Stop" singer opened her mouth wide as Ariana kissed her on her right cheek affectionately. Check out their cute picture here.
Meanwhile the Twitterati has been joking about the Miley-Ariana kiss at the VMA's. Many of Ariana's fans believe that her rumoured boyfriend Big Sean might just be jealous of Miley as he did not get a kiss from Ariana yet but Miley did. There are other Twitter users who are of the opinion that Miley was actually expecting Ariana to kiss her on the lips but was disappointed when the "Break Free" singer kissed her on the cheeks. Check out few tweets below.
— ILoveAGForever (@ILoveAG26) August 25, 2014
ariana went back to kiss miley while accepting her award and im screamiNd THATS SO CUTE — jordyn! (@qtboyluke) August 25, 2014
Ariana has always been a strong supporter of the "Wrecking Ball" songstress since quite some time now and has defended all her controversial actions in the past. In a previous interview with Reuters, Ariana defended Miley saying that she is an adult and her critics should just "shut up."
"She looks amazing, she looks gorgeous," Ariana revealed to Reuters in a previous interview.
"She looks stunning and she's having so much fun. If her choices aren't for you, don't look at it, move on, talk about something else, worry about bettering your life, not hers - she's fine. Her life is the best it could be right now, you know? That's what bothers me about people and about society. It's like, 'shut up.' "
Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus too won Music Video of the Year award for her song "Wrecking Ball" at the MTV VMAs on Sunday. The singer also won hearts of many people when she sent a homeless man Jesse Helt on stage to collect the trophy on her behalf and spread awareness about homeless youth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia