Sofia Vergara Suffers Nip Slip At Emmy's After Party While Dancing With Derek Hough, Look Unaffected
By nidhi tewari | August 28, 2014 1:26 AM EST
Sofia Vergara had an eventful Emmy Awards night on Monday, which was followed by an equally interesting after party. The "Modern Family" star suffered a wardrobe malfunction during HBO's Emmy after party. She was dancing with Derek Hough when this unfortunate incident happened. During one of the dance moves, the "Dancing with the Stars" pro carried the sexy star in his arms, spun her around and then dipped her and in the process one of her nipples popped out of her dress.
The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Chairman Bruce Rosenblum speaks as actress Sofia Vergara from 'Modern Family' slowly spins on a turntable during the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 25, 2014.
Sofia and Derek were dancing to Kenny Loggins' dance number "Footloose" when the incident happened. The picture of Sofia's fun dance routine with Hough is posted at Perez Hilton. In the picture, there are many people around Sofia and Derek and they are busy taking pictures of the duo on their cell phones. Check the picture here.
The highest paid television actress was dressed sexily in a white off shoulder Roberto Cavalli gown. The wardrobe malfuction incident did not ruffle her, as she seemed unaffected. She was spotted dancing and having a great time at various Emmy after parties and posted the pictures on her Instagram page, later.
On the Emmy Awards night, producers of the event were reportedly criticised for objectifying the 41-year-old actress. Vergara went onstage to introduce the CEO and chairman of the Television Academy, Bruce Rosenblum. She was asked to pose on a revolving pedestal during a part of the speech.
She told the audience that it was her dream to come to America and be on stage following which Rosenblum asked Sofia to stand on a revolving pedestal so that she could "engage audiences." The actress played a sport and happily did what she was asked to do.
As the Colombian actress spun on the revolving stage smilingly, Rosenblum gave a speech about how the Emmy academy is "more diverse than ever before... innovating and evolving to inspire a 21st century audience."
Critics labelled this act of Rosenblum as "sexist" and have accused him of "objectifying" the "Modern Family" star. Check out a few tweets below.
What is happening. Is this to highlight the sexism of the universe? @TheEmmys
— Tegan and Sara (@teganandsara) August 26, 2014
I love @SofiaVergara but did anyone find that schtick somewhat offensive? — Katie Couric (@katiecouric) August 26, 2014
However, Sofia has responded to the Twitter backlash saying that the critics need to "lighten up" a bit and not take things so seriously.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch