Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 27, 2014 11:55 PM EST
50 Cent challenged Floyd Mayweather to read a page of Harry Potter on Instagram in lieu of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge as he accused him of inability to read, but Power 105.1's Charlamagne released an audio wherein Mayweather is struggling to read a scripted radio spot - which added fuel to the fire.
Jul 14, 2014; New York, NY, USA; Floyd Mayweather Jr. reacts during press conference at Times Square.
The Floyd Mayweather and 50 Cent grouse to each other was once again heated up, when 50 Cent challenged the undefeated American boxer to read a page of Harry Potter, which was later downgraded to reading The Cat in the Hat on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Mayweather stayed silent about the whole issue then, an audio of himself recording a radio bumper recently emerged. The audio was a simple script identifying a charity and himself and it is pretty obvious that the boxer is having a hard time.
"I'm Floyd Mayweather, and I've joined IHeartRadio for the Show Your Stripes movement to support the hiring of vets. Go to ShowYourStripes.org, a website that connects veterans with employees and helps businesses find candidates with the best training," the man in the audio said.
Mayweather's publicist Kelly Swanson defended the boxer and said on an email to Media Members that the reports about Mayweather's inability to read, which was all over the Internet are not true.
Swanson provided a couple of videos of Mayweather reading lines for promotions for his fight against Marcos Maidana and CBS sports.
Meanwhile, Charlamagne Tha God feels bad about releasing the Floyd video as he didn't realise adult illiteracy was quite so prevalent.
"In hindsight, I feel a little bad about it, just a little, because I didn't know there were that many people out there suffering from illiteracy," Charlamagne said according to a report on Bossip.com.
Thus far, Floyd Mayweather's only response to his illiteracy has come from his check book. He posted a photo on Twitter and Instagram with the caption, "Read this $72,276,000.00. God bless."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide