Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 27, 2014 11:55 PM EST
50 Cent challenged Floyd Mayweather to read a page of Harry Potter on Instagram in lieu of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge as he accused him of inability to read, but Power 105.1's Charlamagne released an audio wherein Mayweather is struggling to read a scripted radio spot - which added fuel to the fire.
Jul 14, 2014; New York, NY, USA; Floyd Mayweather Jr. reacts during press conference at Times Square.
The Floyd Mayweather and 50 Cent grouse to each other was once again heated up, when 50 Cent challenged the undefeated American boxer to read a page of Harry Potter, which was later downgraded to reading The Cat in the Hat on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Mayweather stayed silent about the whole issue then, an audio of himself recording a radio bumper recently emerged. The audio was a simple script identifying a charity and himself and it is pretty obvious that the boxer is having a hard time.
"I'm Floyd Mayweather, and I've joined IHeartRadio for the Show Your Stripes movement to support the hiring of vets. Go to ShowYourStripes.org, a website that connects veterans with employees and helps businesses find candidates with the best training," the man in the audio said.
Mayweather's publicist Kelly Swanson defended the boxer and said on an email to Media Members that the reports about Mayweather's inability to read, which was all over the Internet are not true.
Swanson provided a couple of videos of Mayweather reading lines for promotions for his fight against Marcos Maidana and CBS sports.
Meanwhile, Charlamagne Tha God feels bad about releasing the Floyd video as he didn't realise adult illiteracy was quite so prevalent.
"In hindsight, I feel a little bad about it, just a little, because I didn't know there were that many people out there suffering from illiteracy," Charlamagne said according to a report on Bossip.com.
Thus far, Floyd Mayweather's only response to his illiteracy has come from his check book. He posted a photo on Twitter and Instagram with the caption, "Read this $72,276,000.00. God bless."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft