Michael Schumacher’s Wife Corinna Was All Smiles At The World Equestrian Games
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 27, 2014 11:11 PM EST
Corinna Schumacher is stepping into the public eye again, nearly eight months after her husband and seven-time world champion Michael's skiing accident. Corinna was all smiles as she made another public appearance at the 2014 World Equestrian Games held in Normandy, France.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
The Daily Mail has obtained exclusive snaps of Corinna at the equestrian event. She donned a simple outfit, a teal-coloured trench coat over a white top and a pair of jeans. She had her hair tied in a bun at the back and sported a pair of smokes.
Corinna was one of the official ambassadors of the 2014 World Equestrian Games.
"It's easy to give support to something touching your heart, and animals have always touched mine," Corinna said. According to reports, Corinna is a devoted activist for animal rights. She is a support of animal rights organisation People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
For weeks and months after her husband's skiing accident shocked the world, Corinna has been running past the waves of paparazzi and fans of the Formula One (F1) champion. She has remained loyal and devoted to Michael and stayed by his bed side from the moment he was admitted to the University Hospital of Grenoble up to his transfer to continue his rehabilitation program in a medical facility in Lausanne, Switzerland.
In recent months, Corinna has been trying to live a normal life as much as she can. She made her first-ever public appearance at the Reining Reiter Turnier European Championship in Switzerland.
In July, Corinna spoke with German news outlet Neue Post and said that the F1 legend was slowly recovering from the injury that he suffered in the skiing accident. She admitted that the healing process will be slow, but she was delighted that Michael's health condition was improving. Since then, neither Corinna nor Michael's manager Sabine Kehm has released any update on the 45-year-old stricken racing legend.
Corinna married Michael in August 1995. She has been married to him for 18 years. They have two children, Mick, 17 and Gina Marie, 14.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate