Michael Schumacher’s Wife Corinna Was All Smiles At The World Equestrian Games
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 27, 2014 11:11 PM EST
Corinna Schumacher is stepping into the public eye again, nearly eight months after her husband and seven-time world champion Michael's skiing accident. Corinna was all smiles as she made another public appearance at the 2014 World Equestrian Games held in Normandy, France.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
The Daily Mail has obtained exclusive snaps of Corinna at the equestrian event. She donned a simple outfit, a teal-coloured trench coat over a white top and a pair of jeans. She had her hair tied in a bun at the back and sported a pair of smokes.
Corinna was one of the official ambassadors of the 2014 World Equestrian Games.
"It's easy to give support to something touching your heart, and animals have always touched mine," Corinna said. According to reports, Corinna is a devoted activist for animal rights. She is a support of animal rights organisation People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
For weeks and months after her husband's skiing accident shocked the world, Corinna has been running past the waves of paparazzi and fans of the Formula One (F1) champion. She has remained loyal and devoted to Michael and stayed by his bed side from the moment he was admitted to the University Hospital of Grenoble up to his transfer to continue his rehabilitation program in a medical facility in Lausanne, Switzerland.
In recent months, Corinna has been trying to live a normal life as much as she can. She made her first-ever public appearance at the Reining Reiter Turnier European Championship in Switzerland.
In July, Corinna spoke with German news outlet Neue Post and said that the F1 legend was slowly recovering from the injury that he suffered in the skiing accident. She admitted that the healing process will be slow, but she was delighted that Michael's health condition was improving. Since then, neither Corinna nor Michael's manager Sabine Kehm has released any update on the 45-year-old stricken racing legend.
Corinna married Michael in August 1995. She has been married to him for 18 years. They have two children, Mick, 17 and Gina Marie, 14.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report