Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
By Precious Silva | August 27, 2014 9:23 PM EST
As the market remains on standby for Google's announcement of its Nexus 6 series, a new Nexus smartphone has shown up. According to recent reports, the Nexus 6, which was dubbed Google Shamu, may be the newly spotted Nexus X. However, there are also some variations with the spotted specs thus the confusion on which Google plans on releasing first. What can people expect?
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels, May 30, 2014. Google has taken the first steps to meet a European ruling that citizens can have objectionable links removed from Internet search results, a ruling that pleased privacy campaigners but raised fears that the right can be abused to hide negative information.
It was established before that the Google has chosen Motorola to build its upcoming Nexus 6 smartphone. There have been a number of reports about the price, details and name of the device already. Nonetheless, reports from Phone Arena and TKTechNews suggest that the Nexus 6 may go by the Nexus 6. BGR reports that the device should be released this fall starting at $499.99 and €419.99 for U.S. and Europe respectively.
News about the Nexus X smartphone started spreading when TKTechNews posted images of the device. The images reveal store listing with the Nexus X in place for the Motorola Nexus device. The unit also goes by the name XT1100 internally.
More importantly, the benchmark listing of the Nexus X device does not say it is running on Android L. Rather, the device is listed as running on Android 5.0. Business Insider points that while Google never said that the Android L will come by as Android 5.0, given the benchmark sightings and images are true, then this will signal Android's official move from the 4.x series to the 5.x. The Android 4.x series started with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and has been carried on by Google for all updates. Other reports note that the Android 5.0 platform will be named "Lemon Meringue Pie."
Specs of the Nexus X device based on the AnTuTu sighting include 2K display, 13MP camera, 2.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, 32GB internal storage and 3GB RAM. If Google can push through with the September release then it will compete against other tech giants like Apple (with the iPhone 6) and Samsung (with the Galaxy Note 4).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast