Sarah Hyland, Matt Prokop Break-Up: 'Modern Family' Star Calls It Quits After Five Years Of Dating
By Sonalee singh | August 27, 2014 9:11 PM EST
Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop have pulled the plug on their five-year relationship. The "Modern Family" star rep has confirmed to E! that the two have decided to end their relationship. The speculations about trouble in paradise gained steam when Hayland appeared, without a date at the 66th Emmy Primetime awards.
"Sarah's doing fine. It didn't work out," a source told US Weekly, adding, "She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends."
Sarah and Matt started dating each other in 2008 when they auditioned for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year". The two also starred together in a Disney movie "Geek Charming." While dating the two moved in together and also brought home a dog called Barkley Bixby.
Sarah was in good mood at the Emmys, according to E!'s eyewitness. It is being speculated that the two broke-up, amicably. Throughout the evening, Sarah shared photos on instagram of herself and her co-stars and later posted a happy photo of herself with a caption that she can't believe "Modern Family" won the best comedy series.
When Hayland was dating Prokop, she had said that she likes simple things in life and had no dreams of going on fancy dates. She also said that she likes to have thoughtful and meaningful relationships. Last year on her birthday, Matt presented Sarah a tiara.
In one his previous interviews to Sevnteen, Matt said that when he met Sarah he knew he wanted to date her.
"I think we both realized it when we were cool with just hanging out in sweatpants together and didn't have to think about what we were going to do. It just kind of clicked. I definitely had to try hard! Sarah was enjoying L.A. and as soon as I met her I was like, 'I'm going to date this girl. I don't know what it's going to take, but I will make it happen," Matt said to Seventeen Magazine about dating Sarah.
Matt 's rep is yet to confirm the news about his break-up with Sarah.
Sarah is currently prepping for "Modern Family" Season 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date