Sarah Hyland, Matt Prokop Break-Up: 'Modern Family' Star Calls It Quits After Five Years Of Dating
By Sonalee singh | August 27, 2014 9:11 PM EST
Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop have pulled the plug on their five-year relationship. The "Modern Family" star rep has confirmed to E! that the two have decided to end their relationship. The speculations about trouble in paradise gained steam when Hayland appeared, without a date at the 66th Emmy Primetime awards.
"Sarah's doing fine. It didn't work out," a source told US Weekly, adding, "She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends."
Sarah and Matt started dating each other in 2008 when they auditioned for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year". The two also starred together in a Disney movie "Geek Charming." While dating the two moved in together and also brought home a dog called Barkley Bixby.
Sarah was in good mood at the Emmys, according to E!'s eyewitness. It is being speculated that the two broke-up, amicably. Throughout the evening, Sarah shared photos on instagram of herself and her co-stars and later posted a happy photo of herself with a caption that she can't believe "Modern Family" won the best comedy series.
When Hayland was dating Prokop, she had said that she likes simple things in life and had no dreams of going on fancy dates. She also said that she likes to have thoughtful and meaningful relationships. Last year on her birthday, Matt presented Sarah a tiara.
In one his previous interviews to Sevnteen, Matt said that when he met Sarah he knew he wanted to date her.
"I think we both realized it when we were cool with just hanging out in sweatpants together and didn't have to think about what we were going to do. It just kind of clicked. I definitely had to try hard! Sarah was enjoying L.A. and as soon as I met her I was like, 'I'm going to date this girl. I don't know what it's going to take, but I will make it happen," Matt said to Seventeen Magazine about dating Sarah.
Matt 's rep is yet to confirm the news about his break-up with Sarah.
Sarah is currently prepping for "Modern Family" Season 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’