Sarah Hyland, Matt Prokop Break-Up: 'Modern Family' Star Calls It Quits After Five Years Of Dating
By Sonalee singh | August 27, 2014 9:11 PM EST
Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop have pulled the plug on their five-year relationship. The "Modern Family" star rep has confirmed to E! that the two have decided to end their relationship. The speculations about trouble in paradise gained steam when Hayland appeared, without a date at the 66th Emmy Primetime awards.
"Sarah's doing fine. It didn't work out," a source told US Weekly, adding, "She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends."
Sarah and Matt started dating each other in 2008 when they auditioned for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year". The two also starred together in a Disney movie "Geek Charming." While dating the two moved in together and also brought home a dog called Barkley Bixby.
Sarah was in good mood at the Emmys, according to E!'s eyewitness. It is being speculated that the two broke-up, amicably. Throughout the evening, Sarah shared photos on instagram of herself and her co-stars and later posted a happy photo of herself with a caption that she can't believe "Modern Family" won the best comedy series.
When Hayland was dating Prokop, she had said that she likes simple things in life and had no dreams of going on fancy dates. She also said that she likes to have thoughtful and meaningful relationships. Last year on her birthday, Matt presented Sarah a tiara.
In one his previous interviews to Sevnteen, Matt said that when he met Sarah he knew he wanted to date her.
"I think we both realized it when we were cool with just hanging out in sweatpants together and didn't have to think about what we were going to do. It just kind of clicked. I definitely had to try hard! Sarah was enjoying L.A. and as soon as I met her I was like, 'I'm going to date this girl. I don't know what it's going to take, but I will make it happen," Matt said to Seventeen Magazine about dating Sarah.
Matt 's rep is yet to confirm the news about his break-up with Sarah.
Sarah is currently prepping for "Modern Family" Season 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination