Sarah Hyland, Matt Prokop Break-Up: 'Modern Family' Star Calls It Quits After Five Years Of Dating
By Sonalee singh | August 27, 2014 9:11 PM EST
Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop have pulled the plug on their five-year relationship. The "Modern Family" star rep has confirmed to E! that the two have decided to end their relationship. The speculations about trouble in paradise gained steam when Hayland appeared, without a date at the 66th Emmy Primetime awards.
"Sarah's doing fine. It didn't work out," a source told US Weekly, adding, "She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends."
Sarah and Matt started dating each other in 2008 when they auditioned for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year". The two also starred together in a Disney movie "Geek Charming." While dating the two moved in together and also brought home a dog called Barkley Bixby.
Sarah was in good mood at the Emmys, according to E!'s eyewitness. It is being speculated that the two broke-up, amicably. Throughout the evening, Sarah shared photos on instagram of herself and her co-stars and later posted a happy photo of herself with a caption that she can't believe "Modern Family" won the best comedy series.
When Hayland was dating Prokop, she had said that she likes simple things in life and had no dreams of going on fancy dates. She also said that she likes to have thoughtful and meaningful relationships. Last year on her birthday, Matt presented Sarah a tiara.
In one his previous interviews to Sevnteen, Matt said that when he met Sarah he knew he wanted to date her.
"I think we both realized it when we were cool with just hanging out in sweatpants together and didn't have to think about what we were going to do. It just kind of clicked. I definitely had to try hard! Sarah was enjoying L.A. and as soon as I met her I was like, 'I'm going to date this girl. I don't know what it's going to take, but I will make it happen," Matt said to Seventeen Magazine about dating Sarah.
Matt 's rep is yet to confirm the news about his break-up with Sarah.
Sarah is currently prepping for "Modern Family" Season 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles