Sarah Hyland, Matt Prokop Break-Up: 'Modern Family' Star Calls It Quits After Five Years Of Dating
By Sonalee singh | August 27, 2014 9:11 PM EST
Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop have pulled the plug on their five-year relationship. The "Modern Family" star rep has confirmed to E! that the two have decided to end their relationship. The speculations about trouble in paradise gained steam when Hayland appeared, without a date at the 66th Emmy Primetime awards.
"Sarah's doing fine. It didn't work out," a source told US Weekly, adding, "She's young. They decided they would be better off as friends."
Sarah and Matt started dating each other in 2008 when they auditioned for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year". The two also starred together in a Disney movie "Geek Charming." While dating the two moved in together and also brought home a dog called Barkley Bixby.
Sarah was in good mood at the Emmys, according to E!'s eyewitness. It is being speculated that the two broke-up, amicably. Throughout the evening, Sarah shared photos on instagram of herself and her co-stars and later posted a happy photo of herself with a caption that she can't believe "Modern Family" won the best comedy series.
When Hayland was dating Prokop, she had said that she likes simple things in life and had no dreams of going on fancy dates. She also said that she likes to have thoughtful and meaningful relationships. Last year on her birthday, Matt presented Sarah a tiara.
In one his previous interviews to Sevnteen, Matt said that when he met Sarah he knew he wanted to date her.
"I think we both realized it when we were cool with just hanging out in sweatpants together and didn't have to think about what we were going to do. It just kind of clicked. I definitely had to try hard! Sarah was enjoying L.A. and as soon as I met her I was like, 'I'm going to date this girl. I don't know what it's going to take, but I will make it happen," Matt said to Seventeen Magazine about dating Sarah.
Matt 's rep is yet to confirm the news about his break-up with Sarah.
Sarah is currently prepping for "Modern Family" Season 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks