Kim, Kendall And Kylie Face Public Backlash: Number Of Times The Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Have Been Criticised By Public
By nidhi tewari | August 27, 2014 7:32 PM EST
The Kardashian-Jenner sisters may have impressed their fans by their glamorous looks at the recent MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles but the reality stars also faced a lot of criticism on social media for their lack of basic etiquette. Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner were busy texting when the music fraternity paid a special tribute to 18-year-old Michael Brown.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The black teenager from Ferguson, Missouri was shot by police officer Darren Wilson as he walked unarmed on Aug 9. Rapper Common asked the crowd to take a minute to remember the late boy when he went on the stage to present the nominees of the hip hop category. However, Kim, Kendall and Kylie seemed bored during the tribute and reportedly took out their mobile phones and began reading their text messages.
It is not the first time that the sisters have faced publish backlash because of their attitude and attention seeking ways. Kim has been criticised several times for trying to get attention on her. The 33-year-old was criticised when she and her husband appeared on the Vogue issue's cover page. There was speculation in the media that Kanye West pressurised the publication to put Kim on the front page.
In the past, the reality star has been criticised heavily for posting semi-nude pictures of herself on social media, now that she has become a mother. Kim has also faced criticism for leaving her less than a year old child with nannies and attending various fashion shows. According to reports, there were pictures of hers carrying a baby pram, with only towels kept inside it, to create an impression that baby North West was travelling with her.
Her half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner, too, have not been spared from public's wrath. Kendall has been criticised recently for throwing money at a waitress' face at a restaurant when she reportedly refused to serve alcohol. Kendall has denied doing so, but she did try to make amends for the ugly incident by leaving a hefty tip at one of the restaurants, later.
Kylie Jenner, the youngest of the Kardashian-Jenner family, too, has been in the public eye for her reckless driving skills. The 17-year-old has reportedly smashed her luxurious vehicles, twice, and has also been issued tickets for various traffic violations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage