‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 27, 2014 6:09 PM EST
The fans of HBO's vampire series "True Blood" are not happy with the way the show ended. At the end, Sookie was shown pregnant and they never showed the face of her husband.
Cast member Stephen Moyer and his wife, and co-star, Anna Paquin pose at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22.
TV Line has quoted Brian Buckner, showrunner of "True Blood," as saying "to introduce a stranger in the last five minutes of the finale wouldn't have made any sense. ... We basically cast the man with the best arms from our stunt crew."
The final episode of "True Blood" Final Season, "True Blood," saw Sookie helping Bill push a stake in his heart. He became a puddle of blood and his vampire as well as human story ended, with his death. There was no Sookie and Bill happy ending, as several fans were speculating. The show seems to have tried to show that death is the ultimate truth and that the cycle of life always has an ending.
Bill wanted to die so that Sookie could lead a normal, happy life. He believed that Sookie would be deprived of life's joys if he is alive and she is in a relationship with him. Speaking about why they showed Sookie married and pregnant at the end, Bucker said to the press, as quoted by TV Line, "The idea was that we wanted Bill to be correct when he said that Sookie could have a normal life -- the twist, of course, being that she chose to keep her powers and persevere."
Bill wanted Sookie to kill him using her fairy light. She, however, refused to do that, saying that it is who she is and she would not like to change that.
Talking about why Bill had to die, Bucker said, as quoted by TV Guide, "It was all meant to tell the story of a natural course of a human life. What Bill came around to was similar to what Godric came around to."
Bucker said that "the natural cycle of life is beautiful" and "death gives life meaning."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change