‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 27, 2014 6:09 PM EST
The fans of HBO's vampire series "True Blood" are not happy with the way the show ended. At the end, Sookie was shown pregnant and they never showed the face of her husband.
Cast member Stephen Moyer and his wife, and co-star, Anna Paquin pose at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22.
TV Line has quoted Brian Buckner, showrunner of "True Blood," as saying "to introduce a stranger in the last five minutes of the finale wouldn't have made any sense. ... We basically cast the man with the best arms from our stunt crew."
The final episode of "True Blood" Final Season, "True Blood," saw Sookie helping Bill push a stake in his heart. He became a puddle of blood and his vampire as well as human story ended, with his death. There was no Sookie and Bill happy ending, as several fans were speculating. The show seems to have tried to show that death is the ultimate truth and that the cycle of life always has an ending.
Bill wanted to die so that Sookie could lead a normal, happy life. He believed that Sookie would be deprived of life's joys if he is alive and she is in a relationship with him. Speaking about why they showed Sookie married and pregnant at the end, Bucker said to the press, as quoted by TV Line, "The idea was that we wanted Bill to be correct when he said that Sookie could have a normal life -- the twist, of course, being that she chose to keep her powers and persevere."
Bill wanted Sookie to kill him using her fairy light. She, however, refused to do that, saying that it is who she is and she would not like to change that.
Talking about why Bill had to die, Bucker said, as quoted by TV Guide, "It was all meant to tell the story of a natural course of a human life. What Bill came around to was similar to what Godric came around to."
Bucker said that "the natural cycle of life is beautiful" and "death gives life meaning."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon