‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 27, 2014 6:09 PM EST
The fans of HBO's vampire series "True Blood" are not happy with the way the show ended. At the end, Sookie was shown pregnant and they never showed the face of her husband.
Cast member Stephen Moyer and his wife, and co-star, Anna Paquin pose at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22.
TV Line has quoted Brian Buckner, showrunner of "True Blood," as saying "to introduce a stranger in the last five minutes of the finale wouldn't have made any sense. ... We basically cast the man with the best arms from our stunt crew."
The final episode of "True Blood" Final Season, "True Blood," saw Sookie helping Bill push a stake in his heart. He became a puddle of blood and his vampire as well as human story ended, with his death. There was no Sookie and Bill happy ending, as several fans were speculating. The show seems to have tried to show that death is the ultimate truth and that the cycle of life always has an ending.
Bill wanted to die so that Sookie could lead a normal, happy life. He believed that Sookie would be deprived of life's joys if he is alive and she is in a relationship with him. Speaking about why they showed Sookie married and pregnant at the end, Bucker said to the press, as quoted by TV Line, "The idea was that we wanted Bill to be correct when he said that Sookie could have a normal life -- the twist, of course, being that she chose to keep her powers and persevere."
Bill wanted Sookie to kill him using her fairy light. She, however, refused to do that, saying that it is who she is and she would not like to change that.
Talking about why Bill had to die, Bucker said, as quoted by TV Guide, "It was all meant to tell the story of a natural course of a human life. What Bill came around to was similar to what Godric came around to."
Bucker said that "the natural cycle of life is beautiful" and "death gives life meaning."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy