‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 27, 2014 6:09 PM EST
The fans of HBO's vampire series "True Blood" are not happy with the way the show ended. At the end, Sookie was shown pregnant and they never showed the face of her husband.
Cast member Stephen Moyer and his wife, and co-star, Anna Paquin pose at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22.
TV Line has quoted Brian Buckner, showrunner of "True Blood," as saying "to introduce a stranger in the last five minutes of the finale wouldn't have made any sense. ... We basically cast the man with the best arms from our stunt crew."
The final episode of "True Blood" Final Season, "True Blood," saw Sookie helping Bill push a stake in his heart. He became a puddle of blood and his vampire as well as human story ended, with his death. There was no Sookie and Bill happy ending, as several fans were speculating. The show seems to have tried to show that death is the ultimate truth and that the cycle of life always has an ending.
Bill wanted to die so that Sookie could lead a normal, happy life. He believed that Sookie would be deprived of life's joys if he is alive and she is in a relationship with him. Speaking about why they showed Sookie married and pregnant at the end, Bucker said to the press, as quoted by TV Line, "The idea was that we wanted Bill to be correct when he said that Sookie could have a normal life -- the twist, of course, being that she chose to keep her powers and persevere."
Bill wanted Sookie to kill him using her fairy light. She, however, refused to do that, saying that it is who she is and she would not like to change that.
Talking about why Bill had to die, Bucker said, as quoted by TV Guide, "It was all meant to tell the story of a natural course of a human life. What Bill came around to was similar to what Godric came around to."
Bucker said that "the natural cycle of life is beautiful" and "death gives life meaning."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date