‘Jurassic World’ Director Tweets A Picture Of John Hammond In Memory of Richard Attenborough
By Sachin Trivedi | August 27, 2014 4:30 PM EST
The director of "Jurassic World," Colin Trevorrow, tweeted a picture of the famous character John Hammond in memory of Richard Attenborough, who recently passed away at the age of 90. The character John is a venture capitalist in the 1993 movie "Jurassic Park," who made it possible for the creation of a dinosaur theme park.
Sir Richard Attenborough attends [British television actor John Thaw's} memorial service at St Martin in the Fields church, London, September 4, 2002. [Thaw was best known for his portrayal of Inspector Morse and many other celebrities including Britain's Prince Charles attended the service. ]
Apart from "Jurassic Park," Lord Attenborough, an actor and director, was known for directing "Gandhi" and "Cry Freedom" in the 1980s and "Chaplin" and "Shadowlands" in the 1990s.
The picture tweeted by Colin Trevorrow is that of a bronze statue of the character John Hammond with a backdrop of a painting of dinosaur skeletons -- apparently from the set of the film. Click here to see the image.
The upcoming film "Jurassic World," set for release in 2015, is about a theme park full of real dinosaurs for tourists to see. The movie will take the viewers back to the original island of Isla Nublar, where the 1993 movie was based.
In the 1993 movie, John Hammond funds a project to extract dinosaur DNA from a fossil, which allows scientists to create living dinosaurs through lab experiments. The result is a theme park full of different species of dinosaurs. But before the theme park opens to the public, disaster happens.
"Jurassic World," however, brings John Hammond's dream to reality. The movie will feature a fully functional theme park with restaurants, shops and a golf course. The park will have over 20,000 visitors.
Some of the dinosaurs that viewers can expect to see in the movie include real apatosaurus, dimorphodon, mosasaurus, pteranodon, triceratops and, of course, the Tyrannosaurus rex. The park will also have a petting zoo, where people will be able to touch the harmless dinosaurs.
The new terror in "Jurassic World," which is the fourth instalment in the "Jurassic" film series, is said to be an all new dinosaur created by the scientists. The new dinosaur is created due to the demands made by the management of the park to increase revenues. The new dinosaur will reportedly be "bigger, louder and with more teeth."
More Articles to Read
'Star Wars' 7: Another Big Villain From The Original Trilogy [Read]
New 'Twerk Master' In Town: Move Over Miley Cyrus - Kelsey Grammer Is In [Read]
'Wonder Woman' Gal Gadot Takes The Ice Bucket Challenge [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]