‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
By Sachin Trivedi | August 27, 2014 3:28 PM EST
The filming of "Game of Thrones" Season 5 is currently ongoing. The series is expected to be released by early 2015. One of the important characters in the series is Cersei Lannister. Here is a look at what fans of the series can expect to see from the character. [Spoiler Alert]
Actress Lena Headey, from the HBO drama series "Game of Thrones," arrives at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 25, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
The following spoilers are based on the books "A Feast for Crows" and "A Dance with Dragons." The books form part of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire," written by George R. R. Martin. The show "Game of Thrones" is based on this book series.
The producers of "Game of Thrones" may have some trouble filming a scene involving Cersei Lannister. According to a report by TMZ, the production team in Croatia is not getting permission to film a scene which requires public nudity.
According to the books, it is time for Cersei Lannsiter to get humiliated publicly. Fans of the series who have seen the previous seasons will remember the character being very dominant and used to getting her way as the queen regent.
Cersei Lannister has always been suspicious of others. This trait will get her in trouble in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. She believes that the Tyrells are trying to take control of the kingdom by using Margaery Tyrell.
Cersei will hatch a plot to have Margaery Tyrell accused of adultery and treason. Her plan, however, backfires when the High Septon finds out that it is in fact Cersei who is guilty of adultery and has her arrested.
According to the books, she will be publicly humiliated by the High Septon by having her stripped of her clothes in public and made to walk naked from the Great Sept of Baelor to the Red Keep. This is done to atone for all her sins. But with the producers reportedly not getting permission to film the scene, they may have to make changes to this part of the story.
The public humiliation of Cersei Lannister plays an important role in the story line. The event will force her to relinquish her position as regent and make Kevan Lannister as the new regent in "Game of Thrones" Season 5.
'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers: Jon Snow [Read]
'Winds of Winter' George R. R. Martin Has Flexibility To Kill Even More Characters [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers: Lord Varys Background Story [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS