Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Hints CW TV Series Could End With Season 6, Shares Latest Project on Instagram
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 27, 2014 3:27 PM EST
Fans of "The Vampire Diaries" are excitedly counting down the days to the premiere of the CW TV series sixth season which is scheduled to happen in Oct. 2014. However, it looks like the fans should also prepare themselves because a TVD cast member hinted that "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 could be the last season of the show.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
2014 Emmy Awards: Jimmy Fallon Jokes About Gwen Stefani's 'The Colbert Report' Blunder During Acceptance Speech [VIDEO]
"It very well could be our last [season]. I think now that there's a finality to it, everyone's really realising that this is a very important time in our lives. We created some very cool storytelling," the 35-year-old heartthrob actor stated in a Digital Spy report.
In 2009, Ian Somerhalder started to portray TVD character Damon Salvatore in CW Network's supernatural drama series. The bad boy vampire character met his heartbreaking end in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale when he died and was not able to come back because the "Other Side" disintegrated.
TVD cast members are currently filming the episodes of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6. Recently, a teaser trailer has been released to give the devoted fans a foretaste of what the beginning of the new season would look like.
The promo video showed Elena (Nina Dobrev) having a hard time accepting that Damon is gone. As for Damon's fate in the series, the character currently appears only through Elena's hallucinations. "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 will premiere on Thursday night, Oct. 2, at 8 p.m. EST on the CW Network.
Meanwhile, a Wet Paint report revealed that Ian Somerhalder is busy with his latest project in addition to his workload in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6. The actor recently shared about his involvement in "The Climate Reality Project" on Instagram.
However, the report further noted that Ian Somerhalder took a major dig at Kim Kardashian on his Instagram post. Ian Somerhalder revealed that he is grateful for the interaction with "The Climate Reality Project" but he is concerned that there are only a few that have awareness when it comes to climate change, oil, renewable energy, policy and a safer sustainable future.
"Yet people know everything about Kim Kardashian! Yikes!" Somerhalder wrote as a caption the shared image on his Instagram account iansomerhalder. Click HERE to see photo. The CW star further added on his Instagram post a plea to his millions of fans and followers to help him in making the fight on climate change a fun, engaging, sustainable and sexy community building with the hashtag #climatehope and #isf which stands for his Ian Somerhalder Foundation.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Teaser Trailer Shows Damon Telling Grieving Elena To Move On [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Teases Another Crossover With Spinoff Series 'The Originals' - [READ]
Vampire Diaries Casting News: One Major Character Not Returning for Season 7 - Report - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM