Egyptian Feminist Sends a Bold Message to ISIS as she Poses Nude & Bleeds On Islamic State Flag
By Riza Ornos | August 27, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Challenging the strict nature of Islam, Egyptian feminist Aliaa Magda Elmahdy made a bold statement to ISIS as she and a friend literally bleed and defecate on the Islamic flag. The blogger has taken to social media to protest the current issue involving ISIS as they have taken control one-third of Iraq and used women as a target for their strict rules.
A member loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) waves an ISIL flag in Raqqa June 29, 2014.
Elmahdy posted the controversial picture of herself and another female on Saturday, Aug. 23, on her Facebook account as her way of fighting back against the Islamic terrorist group. But there are reports that Arab nations did not print the photo because of what states on the flag: "there is no God but Allah."
"The two women are shown defecating and menstruating on an Islamic State flag while completely naked in an apparent protest against the ISIS terrorist group," Inquistr reports. "The woman on the right is dressed in a black hijab and has her back to the camera, although she is also shown giving the camera the middle finger in an insult presumably targeted at ISIS. It's claimed that Arab media has avoided publishing the viral photo since the words 'there is no God but Allah' are printed on the ISIS banner."
This is not that first time that Elmahdy protested in nude, back in 2011 she caused outraged among liberal Muslims when she posed nude on her Facebook, claiming that her photos "scream against a society of violence, racism, sexism, sexual harassment and hypocrisy."
The strict Sharia Law states that women must wear full veils and not leave their house without a male relative as an escort. Shopkeepers are even forced by jihadists to cover all their mannequins. In the northern city of Mosul, women are being forced to have female genital mutilation.
With these strict new laws, a majority of Muslims do not agree with IS and several Muslim leaders are now condemning the terrorist group. Now the richest terrorist group in the world, some are now worried that they might be capable of destroying an entire American city.
U.S. politicians claimed that ISIS is developing a weapon of mass destruction (WMD) for they have discovered scores of WMD owned by Saddam Hussein before the US invasion in 2003. Now the jihadists are in control of nuclear, chemical and biological WMD.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date