Egyptian Feminist Sends a Bold Message to ISIS as she Poses Nude & Bleeds On Islamic State Flag
By Riza Ornos | August 27, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Challenging the strict nature of Islam, Egyptian feminist Aliaa Magda Elmahdy made a bold statement to ISIS as she and a friend literally bleed and defecate on the Islamic flag. The blogger has taken to social media to protest the current issue involving ISIS as they have taken control one-third of Iraq and used women as a target for their strict rules.
A member loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) waves an ISIL flag in Raqqa June 29, 2014.
Elmahdy posted the controversial picture of herself and another female on Saturday, Aug. 23, on her Facebook account as her way of fighting back against the Islamic terrorist group. But there are reports that Arab nations did not print the photo because of what states on the flag: "there is no God but Allah."
"The two women are shown defecating and menstruating on an Islamic State flag while completely naked in an apparent protest against the ISIS terrorist group," Inquistr reports. "The woman on the right is dressed in a black hijab and has her back to the camera, although she is also shown giving the camera the middle finger in an insult presumably targeted at ISIS. It's claimed that Arab media has avoided publishing the viral photo since the words 'there is no God but Allah' are printed on the ISIS banner."
This is not that first time that Elmahdy protested in nude, back in 2011 she caused outraged among liberal Muslims when she posed nude on her Facebook, claiming that her photos "scream against a society of violence, racism, sexism, sexual harassment and hypocrisy."
The strict Sharia Law states that women must wear full veils and not leave their house without a male relative as an escort. Shopkeepers are even forced by jihadists to cover all their mannequins. In the northern city of Mosul, women are being forced to have female genital mutilation.
With these strict new laws, a majority of Muslims do not agree with IS and several Muslim leaders are now condemning the terrorist group. Now the richest terrorist group in the world, some are now worried that they might be capable of destroying an entire American city.
U.S. politicians claimed that ISIS is developing a weapon of mass destruction (WMD) for they have discovered scores of WMD owned by Saddam Hussein before the US invasion in 2003. Now the jihadists are in control of nuclear, chemical and biological WMD.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Roast Busters Scandal Investigation: No Charges Filed
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Wayward UK Jogger Who Ran Into PM Cameron Criticises Security Breach
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight