Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
By Lou Imperial | August 27, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center. Mandatory Credit:
Since the first day he landed in Los Angeles, the 26-year old Lin has been giving nothing but praises to the Lakers organization and its fans, as he looks forward to become a major contributor next season.
Traded by the Houston Rockets along with a first round pick in cap space-clearing move, Lin said the trade could be a blessing in disguise for him after dealing with frustrations in two seasons with the franchise.
"I'm definitely excited to be in LA," Lin told Lakers Nation last week. "How I describe it, it is a fresh start. It's a breath of fresh air to be able to start somewhere new. I think it'll be really fun, really challenging. I enjoyed my time in Houston, but I'm definitely focused in on next year."
Lin, who recently joined other basketball stars' wax figures at Madamme Tussauds, averaged 12 points and 4 dimes last season in a sixth man role for the Rockets. These numbers are a bit lower than what he produced in his first season with the Rockets, but he definitely becomes a more efficient scorer by posting career highs in both field goal (45 percent) and three-point percentages (36 percent).
The Lakers are set to face the Rockets on opening night, and many basketball followers believed the game would feature Lin as a subplot along with the growing enmity between stars Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard.
However, Lin stressed that the match it's not all about him as stars like Bryant, Howard and James Harden should get the spotlight. He added the pressure of playing at a high level everytime he faces his former team has worn off, as he called it not much of a big deal.
The Lakers enter the new season with a roster filled with quality veterans with expiring contracts (Lin and Carlos Boozer) and holdovers from the 2013-14 season (Bryant, Steve Nash, Wesley Johnson , Jordan Hill, Nick Young and Xavier Henry). They also added rookies Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle to the mix under the tutelage of newly-hired coach Byron Scott.
For more Jeremy Lin news, read more at IBT Sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage