Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
By Lou Imperial | August 27, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center. Mandatory Credit:
Since the first day he landed in Los Angeles, the 26-year old Lin has been giving nothing but praises to the Lakers organization and its fans, as he looks forward to become a major contributor next season.
Traded by the Houston Rockets along with a first round pick in cap space-clearing move, Lin said the trade could be a blessing in disguise for him after dealing with frustrations in two seasons with the franchise.
"I'm definitely excited to be in LA," Lin told Lakers Nation last week. "How I describe it, it is a fresh start. It's a breath of fresh air to be able to start somewhere new. I think it'll be really fun, really challenging. I enjoyed my time in Houston, but I'm definitely focused in on next year."
Lin, who recently joined other basketball stars' wax figures at Madamme Tussauds, averaged 12 points and 4 dimes last season in a sixth man role for the Rockets. These numbers are a bit lower than what he produced in his first season with the Rockets, but he definitely becomes a more efficient scorer by posting career highs in both field goal (45 percent) and three-point percentages (36 percent).
The Lakers are set to face the Rockets on opening night, and many basketball followers believed the game would feature Lin as a subplot along with the growing enmity between stars Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard.
However, Lin stressed that the match it's not all about him as stars like Bryant, Howard and James Harden should get the spotlight. He added the pressure of playing at a high level everytime he faces his former team has worn off, as he called it not much of a big deal.
The Lakers enter the new season with a roster filled with quality veterans with expiring contracts (Lin and Carlos Boozer) and holdovers from the 2013-14 season (Bryant, Steve Nash, Wesley Johnson , Jordan Hill, Nick Young and Xavier Henry). They also added rookies Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle to the mix under the tutelage of newly-hired coach Byron Scott.
For more Jeremy Lin news, read more at IBT Sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate