Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
By Lou Imperial | August 27, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center. Mandatory Credit:
Since the first day he landed in Los Angeles, the 26-year old Lin has been giving nothing but praises to the Lakers organization and its fans, as he looks forward to become a major contributor next season.
Traded by the Houston Rockets along with a first round pick in cap space-clearing move, Lin said the trade could be a blessing in disguise for him after dealing with frustrations in two seasons with the franchise.
"I'm definitely excited to be in LA," Lin told Lakers Nation last week. "How I describe it, it is a fresh start. It's a breath of fresh air to be able to start somewhere new. I think it'll be really fun, really challenging. I enjoyed my time in Houston, but I'm definitely focused in on next year."
Lin, who recently joined other basketball stars' wax figures at Madamme Tussauds, averaged 12 points and 4 dimes last season in a sixth man role for the Rockets. These numbers are a bit lower than what he produced in his first season with the Rockets, but he definitely becomes a more efficient scorer by posting career highs in both field goal (45 percent) and three-point percentages (36 percent).
The Lakers are set to face the Rockets on opening night, and many basketball followers believed the game would feature Lin as a subplot along with the growing enmity between stars Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard.
However, Lin stressed that the match it's not all about him as stars like Bryant, Howard and James Harden should get the spotlight. He added the pressure of playing at a high level everytime he faces his former team has worn off, as he called it not much of a big deal.
The Lakers enter the new season with a roster filled with quality veterans with expiring contracts (Lin and Carlos Boozer) and holdovers from the 2013-14 season (Bryant, Steve Nash, Wesley Johnson , Jordan Hill, Nick Young and Xavier Henry). They also added rookies Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle to the mix under the tutelage of newly-hired coach Byron Scott.
For more Jeremy Lin news, read more at IBT Sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899