Canadian Serial Killer Suspect Confesses And Gives Murder Details
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | August 27, 2014 2:17 PM EST
Cody Legebokoff, wasaccused of killing four female victims in British Columbia, said that he had company in the alleged killings. The 24-year-old was charged with four counts of first-degree murder, allegedly killed one teenage girl and three other women. Legebokoff said in a Prince George court last Tuesday that he was "there" when the four women was killed.
A blood pool from what witnesses said was a man who may have accidentally shot himself, is seen on the ground following a peaceful demonstration reacting to the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri August 15, 2014. Missouri's governor Jay Nixon moved to ease tensions on Thursday after days of racially charged protests over the police shooting of Brown, an unarmed black teenager, putting the African-American captain of the Highway Patrol Ron Johnson in charge of security in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.
Legebokoff admitted that he was present when 15-year-old Loren Leslie died and that he had hit her. However, he said that she was already injured before hitting her. He also said that he did not realise that he was being a part of murdering people. "At that time, I did not expect to be what I actually did was murder", he said. "But now, sitting here and charged with it, I do not feel very good about it".
Legebokoff said that the other three women were killed by three other men. He said that he did not want to be branded as a "rat" among his prison-mates as he refused to give out their names. He referred to them as X-Y-Z while he revealed that X was a cocaine dealer. Legebokoff said that he had invited X to his house for a thanksgiving weekend party in 2009. He claimed that it was X's idea to kill Jill Stacey Stuchenko whose corpse was later discovered in a gravel pit. He also confessed that he earlier had sex with the 35-year-old Stuchenko that was hit with a pipe to death.
The other victims were Natasha Lynn Montgomery and Cynthia Frances Maas. The lifeless body of Maas was found in a park in 2010. Legebokoff said that was watching the 35-year-old die as X hit her in his apartment. X allegedly used an "object" to hit Maas on the head. Y helped Legebokoff put her body in a truck and both of them drove the truck to a city park, Legebokoff claimed. "He opened the door and he pulled her out. She just fell to the ground", he said. "That was when he had said she was still alive".
Legebokoff said that the murder of Montgomery too was the brainchild of X. She was killed with a weapon that Z has pulled out. However, it was X who killed the 23-year-old.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Schoolies 2014 Wrap Up: Ecstasy, Binge Drinking, Arrests—Australia's Teenage Culture Revealed
- Newborn In Sydney Drain Update: Expert Dissects Mother’s Mental Capacity
- Church Of God In Christ To Sue ‘I'm Not Gay No More’ Star Andrew Caldwell Over Album On iTunes
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change