Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
By Anvinraj Valiyathara Sivanandan | August 27, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Moto X is one of the best selling smartphones of 2013. It is still popular today and it is blessed to get the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat upgrade. The Moto X will be replaced by its successor model, the Moto X+1 (or Moto X2) which is poised to be unleashed in the coming month.
The Groupon smartphone app is displayed on a Motorola Droid Bionic cell phone in Denver in this file photo taken November 4, 2011. Groupon Inc slashed its full-year profit outlook on August 5, 2014, citing the need to spend abundantly on marketing to power the once-high-flying Internet coupon company's transition to a more comprehensive online retailer.
Moto X is currently available at lower price and it brings good customization options which gives power to each user to make their handset appear different from the others. Since Motorola is all set to launch its successor model, we think that investing on the newer model would be a wiser decision.
When you look at the Moto X specifications and features and compare it with newer models, you will know that the Moto X appears to be slightly low-end model. The handset comes with a 4.7inch display screen that supports 720p. Most of the newer handset available in the market is now sporting full HD 1080p resolution. LG G3 and Galaxy Note 4 are coming with quadHD resolution.
The Motorola Moto X comes with Snapdragon S4 Pro processor onboard. The chipset sitting inside the Moto X is also inferior to the smartphones that are now featuring Snapdragon 801 and Snapdragon 805 processors.
The sales record of Motorola has doubled after the release of Moto G. After its success, the Lenovo acquired company is also on the verge of launching its successor model, the Moto G2. With the Moto X+1 and Moto G2 release date around the corner waiting to be unveiled, the older Moto X does not seem to be a real good handset to purchase now.
Moto X+1 and Moto G2
According to the rumors Moto X+1 specifications revealed by GSMArena, the handset will feature 5.2inch full HD display screen. It will be powered with Snapdragon 800 processor which clocks at 2.5GHz and like the predecessor model, even this one is equipped with 2GB RAM. It is equipped with Adreno 330 graphics. It will be available in storage options of 16GB and 32GB. It also has microSD slot
The Moto X+1 will be running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. The rear panel houses 12MP camera and there is a 2.1 camera at the front. It comes with a massive battery of 2900mAh capacity. The front side of the device is blessed with two front-facing speakers. Like the predecessor, even the Moto X+1 will offer amazing customization features.
The Moto G2 will come out as a budget phone and it will feature 4.7inch HD display powered with Snapdragon 400 or 410 processor working at 1.4GHz. It supports 1GB RAM. The inbuilt storage of the device is 8GB.
The Moto G2 will feature the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat. The rear side has an 8MP camera and the front includes 1.3MP camera. It will also include two front-facing speakers.
Newer Smartphones to Be Revealed Soon
Apart from Moto X+1 and Moto G2, Motorola is planning to unveil Motorola Droid Turbo for Verizon users. By September, a slew of smartphones are going to be unveiled which includes Galaxy Note 3 and Apple iPhone 6. If you are looking for a budget phone, many newer feature-rich affordable handsets like Desire 820 are going to be unveiled.
With the new handsets arriving, the Moto X may get a price cut. If the price cut is significant, you can then choose to go with Moto X.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists