2014 Emmy Awards: Jimmy Fallon Jokes About Gwen Stefani's 'The Colbert Report' Blunder During Acceptance Speech [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 27, 2014 1:16 PM EST
At the 2014 Emmy Awards, Stephen Colbert won the "Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series" for "The Colbert Report." However, TV host Jimmy Fallon appeared on the stage to accept the award as a joke when presenter Gwen Stefani mispronounced the winner's name.
Stephen Colbert whispers to Jimmy Fallon as he helps Colbert accept the award for Outstanding Variety Series for Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" onstage during the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 25, 2014.
'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: Kol Mikaelson To Appear Only In Flashbacks, Original Witch Esther Could Bring Son Back
"She said it wrong, so there must be a mistake," Fallon, whose late-night talk show called "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" was also nominated in the category, stated. Fallon described the announcement interesting and even declared that he wanted to see the envelope with the result.
"The Voice" coaches Gwen Stefani and Adam Levine took the stage to present the "Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series" award at the 2014 Emmys held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Monday, Aug. 25. The other programs competing for the award are "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart," "Real Time with Bill Maher," "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" and "Saturday Night Live."
According to UsWeekly's report, the 44-year-old No Doubt singer made a mistake when she announced "The Colbore Report" as the winner instead of "The Colbert Report." Co-presenter Adam Levine tried to cover Gwen Stefani's blunder and stated the correct name of the winner.
However, Stephen Colbert did not appear to be troubled or annoyed with the mispronounced name or Jimmy Fallon making an acceptance speech. "I just want to thank Stephen and all his writers for doing such a great job. Colbert, you guys are the greatest. Everyone at Comedy Central. They're great," Fallon stated as Stephen Colbert and his team smiled and laughed on the stage while accepting their award.
Then, Stephen Colbert decided to take Jimmy Fallon's acceptance speech to a higher level of funny. Colbert started to whisper in Jimmy Fallon's ear what he wanted the TV host to say to the audience.
Speaking the words of Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon thanked Stephen's wife, children and the people that he worked with in the past nine years. Afterwards, Stephen Colbert finally gave his own acceptance speech where he thanked Jon Stewart, his co-workers and his family for their love, support and patience. Have a look at the video below.
Meanwhile, a Digital Spy report noted that Gwen Stefani's mistake reminds everyone of the onstage blunder of John Travolta. Viewers can recall that the actor incorrectly introduced Idina Menzel as "Adele Dazeem" at the 2014 Academy Awards before the Broadway star performed the hit song "Let It Go" from the film "Frozen."
More Articles to Read:
Misha Collins: 'Supernatural' Actor Takes Ice Bucket Challenge Further, Nominates Co-Stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles [WATCH VIDEOS] - [READ]
'Teen Wolf' Season 4, Episode 10 'Monstrous' Recap/Spoilers: The Dead Pool List Finally Terminated, Scott Still In Danger - [READ]
Ben Affleck: 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' Actor Speaks Up on Fans' Reaction to His Batman Casting - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic's Beckett To See Nathan Fillion's Rick 'On A Sugar Rush' Again [REVIEW]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery