3 Important Revenue Sources Of Vatican
By Bindu Jacob | August 27, 2014 1:10 PM EST
Vatican City is an ecclesiastical monarchical state ruled by Pope, the state has the fund from various sources. Read on to find out the major revenue sources of Vatican.
1. Contribution is the main source of Income: People may unknown about the financial sources of the Holy See. According to Economy Watch, the Vatican City is running with the contributions from Roman Catholics and the Christians from all over the world. These donations are received by the Peter's pence, a special Vatican City department intended to collect and distribute the fund. The main purpose of the fund is to provide support to the people who are suffering with war, oppression, natural disaster and disease etc. Peter's pence collection is monitored by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' (USCCB) National Collections Committee.
2. Vatican Museums are providing strong financial support to the Holy See: The museums are located within the city boundaries. They are the immense collections of classical sculptures built by the Roman Catholic Church during the centuries. Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Stanze della Segnatura are the popular visiting galleries in Vatican. 5.5 million people visited these museums in 2013 to view the wonderful paintings of the world famous sculptor and painter Michelangelo and Raphael. The museum also considered as the 5th most visited art museum in the world. Vatican museums are the key attractions of the tourists around the world. The important tourist destinations are Basilica of St. Peter's, Sistine Chapel, Vatican museums, and Vatican libraries. Vatican charges admission fee for the visitors to view the museums, it plays a key role in the Vatican economy. It enables to accommodate more than 20,000 visitors on a daily basis.
3. Postage stamp sales act as a source of income to the Vatican: Recently, they issued new stamps of Pope Francis for all enthusiasts around the world. The tourist also purchases coins, souvenirs, postage stamps, church publications, and coins.
The expenses of the Vatican City connects with the maintenance of buildings, infrastructure, the required arrangements for the foreign trip of Pope and his emissaries, publication expenditure for L'Osservatore Romano, the newspaper of the Vatican city.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists