Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 27, 2014 1:01 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini was released in July, whereas the LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) was launched in June and the device is expected to be released in Q3 2014. Readers who are interested in the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini or the latest LG G3 S should check out the specifications, features and price comparison.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
Display And Size
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini features a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED display bundled with 720 x 1,280 pixels screen resolution. The LG G3 S, on the other hand, will feature a relatively bigger 5-inch IPS LCD display with the same resolution as the Samsung device. In addition, the pixel densities of Samsung and LG handsets stand at 326 ppi and 294 ppi respectively.
When it comes to exterior, the Galaxy S5 Mini features the same perforated (dotted) plastic back seen in the Galaxy S5 handset. In addition, the handset features a glossy but fake metal band covering the corners of the handsets. In many ways, the phone looks similar to the Galaxy S5. Nevertheless, there is no information available on the exterior of the upcoming LG G3 S handset at this point.
The thickness and the weight of the LG G3 S are 0.41-inch and 134 g respectively, whereas the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is 0.36-inch thick and weighs 120 g.
Hardware, Software And Memory
The LG G3 S is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz. The Galaxy S5 Mini, on the other hand, will be powered by a quad-core (Exynos 3) Cortex-A7 processor clocked at 1.4 GHz. Also, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini houses 1.5 GB of RAM, while the LG G3 S will house 1 GB of RAM.
In addition, the compact device from Samsung runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with Samsung's TouchWiz UI. And the LG device runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS. Furthermore, the Galaxy S5 Mini offers 16 GB of internal storage, while the LG G3 S comes with 8 GB in-built memory. Also, both the phones support microSD card for expansion up to 64 GB.
Camera And Battery
Both the phones sport 8 MP rear-facing camera units with LED flash. In addition, the Samsung device houses a 2.1 MP front-facing shooter, whereas the LG G3 S comes with a 1.3 MP shooter. Additionally, the LG G3 S houses a solid Li-Ion 2540 mAh battery unit, whereas the Samsung handset houses a relatively inferior Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery unit.
1. Both the phones support Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, LTE, microUSB and NFC.
2. The LG G3 S will come in black, white and gold hues, whereas the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini handset comes in black, white, blue and gold colours.
3. The Galaxy S5 Mini houses a fingerprint scanner, whereas the LG G3 S doesn't.
4. In addition, the Samsung device comes with a heart rate monitor, while the LG handset doesn't.
5. Also, the Galaxy S5 Mini features water and dust resistant exterior (IP67 certified), whereas the LG G3 S doesn't.
6. Both the phones support micro-SIM. While one of the variants named Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini (Duos) support dual-SIM mode, the LG device doesn't.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini (16 GB) is priced exorbitantly at £389.95 in the UK that roughly translates to US$646 and AU$695. The LG G3 S (8 GB), meanwhile, is priced at £299.00 in the UK that roughly translates to US$495 and AU$532.
1. With Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Approaching, Samsung Released A Teaser Highlighting S Pen (Stylus) And Handwriting - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around