Samsung Galaxy Alpha’s Exynos 5 Processor Powered Meizu MX4 Racks Up 52811 In AnTuTu Testing
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 27, 2014 12:59 PM EST
After Xiaomi, China's other favourite device manufacturer Meizu is ready with its MX4 smartphone. For those unfamiliar, the predecessor Meizu MX3 was released in the last quarter of 2013. Also, Meizu holds the record for manufacturing world's first smartphone with 128 GB of internal storage capacity. The upcoming Meizu MX4 handset has recently been spotted in AnTuTu benchmark testing site.
If reports are true, Meizu has multiple variants of the MX4 lined up for release. One of the variants of Meizu MX4 is powered by the same Exynos 5 processor touted to be powering the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Alpha. The MX4 scored a whopping 52,811 in the AnTuTu benchmark testing portal. Also, the unique selling point of this killer smartphone is its ultra-slim bezels. It is worth noting that the aforementioned handset has not been announced by the company thus far, according to Phone Arena.
Interestingly, the alleged version of MX4 that scored 52811 is not the high-end MX4 variant, (also referred as the "pro") but the base/mid-range model. The variant that visited AnTuTu site comes with MediaTek MT6595 processor. In specific, it is an octa-core processor with MediaTek's big.LITTLE chip clocked at 2.2 GHz. Apparently this chipset supports 4G LTE connectivity.
The aforementioned mid-range model features a 5-inch display bundled with a 1,152 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution. The phone will reportedly sport a superior 20.7 MP rear-facing camera unit similar to the Sony Xperia Z2 and it runs on Flyme 4.0 OS. However, earlier rumours pointed to a 16 MP primary camera unit.
Furthermore, the high-end model of Meizu MX4 will be powered by an octa-core Samsung Exynos 5 processor. This handset will reportedly feature a 5.4/5.5-inch display and a killer 2K screen resolution.
The Meizu MX4 will be announced in an even scheduled for Sept. 2. Also according to earlier reports the base model will be priced at $320 and the device will be backed by a good 3 GB of RAM.
2. New 'Samsung Galaxy S5 4G+' At $550 Will Sport Snapdragon 805 Processor; Launch Date Set For Aug 23 - [Read]
3. 9 Killer Motorola Devices In The Offing - DROID Maxx, Moto X+1, Moto 360, Moto G, Moto S, Nexus (Shamu) And More - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2