Miley Cyrus VMA Date’s Mom Speak Up: Jesee Helt’s Struggles As An Aspiring Model And Criminal Record Uncovered
By Riza Ornos | August 27, 2014 12:56 PM EST
After making a speech to bring awareness to youth homelessness, Miley Cyrus VMA date's mom speaks about her son's struggle as a model from Salem, Oregon. Jesse Helt accepted the popstar's Video of the Year Award in Los Angeles (L.A.) on Sunday, Aug. 24 and delivered a touching speech about the current issue of youth homelessness.
Miley Cyrus is keen to play her Godmother
Jesse's mother, Linda Helt, revealed during an interview with Mail Online that her son is a struggling model in L.A. and just do not want to give up his dreams and go home to his family. Now proud from his son's speech during the annual MTV VMA, the mother of five added that Jesse chose to do it alone and chase his dreams on his own.
"Jesse had ups and downs like anybody else. He did not want to give up and run on home to mommy, but only he knows the reasons for him to say", Mrs. Helt told the publication. "He wanted to be in L.A. and he had opportunities and he took them. It was his choice, he was always welcome, he could always come back any time. If he needed help, I would help him, we help one another".
The former homeless model called his mom after the award show and told her that he is going home. "He called me last night at about 1 o'clock", Linda Helt said this afternoon. According to his mother, Jesse said that Cyrus has given him some money, which he was using to fly home to Salem to visit his family", Oregon Live reports.
Pleased for what her son accomplished during the MTV awards, she hopes that good things will start pouring in for him now that he has someone to back him up. She even praised the former Disney star for taking action about the issue and by choosing Jesse to represent the countless homeless youth in the country.
Now making a lot of buzz, Helt seemed to have a troubled past and has a warrant out for his arrest according to a court document obtained by Inside edition. The 22-year-old has a record for an attempted break-in back in Oct. 2010 and was charged with criminal trespassing and criminal mischief.
After skipping a probation check-in appointment and failing a drug test, Helt wrote and signed a statement in March 2011 promising to stop smoking marijuana and not violate his probation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight