Apple iPad Air 2 To House 2 GB Of RAM; Apple iWatch Likely To Function Independently
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 27, 2014 12:52 PM EST
A new report from China states that the upcoming Apple iPad Air 2 will get a RAM boost. This means, the 9.7-inch iPad Air 2 will house a good 2 GB of RAM when compared to the current-generation iPad Air's 1 GB of RAM.
Apple CEO Tim Cook delivers his keynote address at the World Wide developers conference in San Francisco, California June 2, 2014.
Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
Apple has not been very generous when it comes to RAM allocation for its devices. In addition to the original iPad Air, the 7.9-inch iPad Mini 2 (with Retina) also features the same 1 GB of RAM. Furthermore, the upcoming iPad Mini 3 will also come equipped with 1 GB of RAM, according to Phone Arena.
However, the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 (with Retina) are expected to come with Touch ID fingerprint scanner on the home button. There have been quite a bunch of leaked images, prototypes and dummies showing the scanner. Also, both the iPad tablets will be powered by Apple's superior A8 processor.
When it comes to launch dates, the upcoming 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will likely be announced in an event organized by Apple on Sept. 9. Other Apple devices are expected to be launched in October. These devices include 5.5-inch iPhone 6 phablet, the iPad Air 2 and the iPad Mini 3.
In addition to the aforementioned devices, Apple is also working on iWatch smartwatch. This smartwatch is rumoured to come equipped with 512 MB of native memory in addition to 8 GB of Flash memory. Reportedly, the iWatch will function independently without the need to pair/couple the smartwatch to a compatible iPhone/iPad device. Nevertheless, the iWatch's launch/release date is still hanging in the air. Some reports point to an October launch, while the others say the release will be in 2015.
Moreover, freshly leaked information from a French news website named iPhonote showcases several internal parts belonging to the Apple iPad Air 2. The image shows iPad's GPS antenna, Wi-Fi connectivity module and microphone. Earlier leaks showed the front and the rear panel of the iPad Air 2, according to MacRumors. However, this is the first time the internal components of the iPad Air 2 are brought out, although there are many leaks showing the internal components of the iPhone 6.
Ultimately, the upcoming iPad Air 2 will come with a thinner profile, fingerprint sensor, anti-reflective coating, latest Apple A8 processor and the much-required 2 GB of RAM. Nevertheless, Apple has not confirmed any of the above information thus far.
3. 9 Killer Motorola Devices In The Offing - DROID Maxx, Moto X+1, Moto 360, Moto G, Moto S, Nexus (Shamu) And More - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft