Motorola Moto G vs. Sony Xperia SP Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 27, 2014 12:36 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Motorola Moto G or the Sony Xperia SP, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Motorola Mobility Chief Executive Dennis Woodside poses with the new Moto G mobile phone during its worldwide presentation in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013. The new Motorola phone, which is being aimed at consumers in developing markets like Brazil and India as well as budget-buyers in Western countries, is the second major new product that Motorola has developed since its acquisition by Internet company Google in 2012. REUTERS/Nacho Doce
Display and Design
The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Sony Xperia SP comes with a 4.6-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Moto G has 326 ppi pixels display density compared to the 319 ppi pixels display density on the Xperia SP.
The Motorola Moto G measures 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm and weighs 143 grams. The Sony Xperia SP has a similar design. The device measures 130.6 x 67.1 x 10 mm and weighs 155 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Sony Xperia SP is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960T Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The Sony Xperia SP runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Moto G is the clear winner.
The Motorola Moto G sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Sony Xperia SP sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 24 hours. The Sony Xperia SP comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2370 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 19 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $259.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $309.95. The Sony Xperia SP 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $249.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family