Motorola Moto G vs. Sony Xperia SP Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 27, 2014 12:36 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Motorola Moto G or the Sony Xperia SP, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Motorola Mobility Chief Executive Dennis Woodside poses with the new Moto G mobile phone during its worldwide presentation in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013. The new Motorola phone, which is being aimed at consumers in developing markets like Brazil and India as well as budget-buyers in Western countries, is the second major new product that Motorola has developed since its acquisition by Internet company Google in 2012. REUTERS/Nacho Doce
Display and Design
The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Sony Xperia SP comes with a 4.6-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Moto G has 326 ppi pixels display density compared to the 319 ppi pixels display density on the Xperia SP.
The Motorola Moto G measures 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm and weighs 143 grams. The Sony Xperia SP has a similar design. The device measures 130.6 x 67.1 x 10 mm and weighs 155 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Sony Xperia SP is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960T Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The Sony Xperia SP runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Moto G is the clear winner.
The Motorola Moto G sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Sony Xperia SP sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 24 hours. The Sony Xperia SP comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2370 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 19 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $259.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $309.95. The Sony Xperia SP 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $249.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports