‘Minecraft PS4 Edition’ Back to Sony As Xbox One, PS Vita, Xbox 360 And PS3 Get Updates
By Gel Galang | August 27, 2014 12:11 PM EST
Fans who have been waiting for updates from developer 4J Studios would be happy to know that the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" is back on track as the devs have finally sent it back to Sony for final testing.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government.
While 4J Studios did not provide any more details as to what the cause of the delay was or what the new timeline will be, if anything, there are a few more updates for the other editions coming out for "Minecraft," as announced over their official Twitter.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) August 26, 2014
Apart from this, the developers also gave a quick update on the status of the "Minecraft PS Vita Edition."
We have a bit more work to do on #MinecraftPSVita before we can hand it over to Sony. We'll let you know when we hand it over. — 4J Studios (@4JStudios) August 26, 2014
If all of those are not enough, 4J Studios also has updates for current players of the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition" and "Minecraft PS3 Edition."
Both of the "Minecraft PS3" and "Minecraft Xbox 360" editions are slated for a minor update that is already in testing. The updates for both will enable upload saves for the PS3 for both the "Minecraft PS4" and "Minecraft Ps Vita," and for the Xbox 360 to transfer saves to the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" ahead of the release date of the title.
Apart from 4J Studios' updates on the "Minecraft" PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita, PS3 and Xbox 360, developer Mojang has also launched a pre-release 1.8-pre2 version, which addresses quite a few bugs and issues.
This comes just days after the pre-release was made public following several "Minecraft" snapshots for fans to test out.
Some of the new bugs found and fixed with the pre-release 1.8-pre2 include the following:
- Crashes when populating a chunk with empty (void) columns
- Thrown splash potions have the colour of water
- Inverted Daylight Sensor doesn't drop anything when mined
- Item frames do not work outside 524289 x -524288 coordinates
- Placing Redstone dust on certain other objects destroy the object
- Skin is using wrong model
- Cannot Summon Fireball/WitherSkull With/Without Direction (Unable To Summon Object)
- Crash: Command "Summon SmallFireball" on Mobs!
The "Minecraft 1.8 Update" has been touted by Mojang as the bountiful update, as it brings with it a number of additions previously detailed. From the addition of the red sandstone and iron trapdoors to the addition of new mobs with new abilities, the "Minecraft 1.8 Update" is looking to be filled with major changes to your gameplay.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists