‘Minecraft PS4 Edition’ Back to Sony As Xbox One, PS Vita, Xbox 360 And PS3 Get Updates
By Gel Galang | August 27, 2014 12:11 PM EST
Fans who have been waiting for updates from developer 4J Studios would be happy to know that the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" is back on track as the devs have finally sent it back to Sony for final testing.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government.
While 4J Studios did not provide any more details as to what the cause of the delay was or what the new timeline will be, if anything, there are a few more updates for the other editions coming out for "Minecraft," as announced over their official Twitter.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) August 26, 2014
Apart from this, the developers also gave a quick update on the status of the "Minecraft PS Vita Edition."
We have a bit more work to do on #MinecraftPSVita before we can hand it over to Sony. We'll let you know when we hand it over. — 4J Studios (@4JStudios) August 26, 2014
If all of those are not enough, 4J Studios also has updates for current players of the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition" and "Minecraft PS3 Edition."
Both of the "Minecraft PS3" and "Minecraft Xbox 360" editions are slated for a minor update that is already in testing. The updates for both will enable upload saves for the PS3 for both the "Minecraft PS4" and "Minecraft Ps Vita," and for the Xbox 360 to transfer saves to the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" ahead of the release date of the title.
Apart from 4J Studios' updates on the "Minecraft" PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita, PS3 and Xbox 360, developer Mojang has also launched a pre-release 1.8-pre2 version, which addresses quite a few bugs and issues.
This comes just days after the pre-release was made public following several "Minecraft" snapshots for fans to test out.
Some of the new bugs found and fixed with the pre-release 1.8-pre2 include the following:
- Crashes when populating a chunk with empty (void) columns
- Thrown splash potions have the colour of water
- Inverted Daylight Sensor doesn't drop anything when mined
- Item frames do not work outside 524289 x -524288 coordinates
- Placing Redstone dust on certain other objects destroy the object
- Skin is using wrong model
- Cannot Summon Fireball/WitherSkull With/Without Direction (Unable To Summon Object)
- Crash: Command "Summon SmallFireball" on Mobs!
The "Minecraft 1.8 Update" has been touted by Mojang as the bountiful update, as it brings with it a number of additions previously detailed. From the addition of the red sandstone and iron trapdoors to the addition of new mobs with new abilities, the "Minecraft 1.8 Update" is looking to be filled with major changes to your gameplay.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones