‘Minecraft PS4 Edition’ Back to Sony As Xbox One, PS Vita, Xbox 360 And PS3 Get Updates
By Gel Galang | August 27, 2014 12:11 PM EST
Fans who have been waiting for updates from developer 4J Studios would be happy to know that the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" is back on track as the devs have finally sent it back to Sony for final testing.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government.
While 4J Studios did not provide any more details as to what the cause of the delay was or what the new timeline will be, if anything, there are a few more updates for the other editions coming out for "Minecraft," as announced over their official Twitter.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) August 26, 2014
Apart from this, the developers also gave a quick update on the status of the "Minecraft PS Vita Edition."
We have a bit more work to do on #MinecraftPSVita before we can hand it over to Sony. We'll let you know when we hand it over. — 4J Studios (@4JStudios) August 26, 2014
If all of those are not enough, 4J Studios also has updates for current players of the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition" and "Minecraft PS3 Edition."
Both of the "Minecraft PS3" and "Minecraft Xbox 360" editions are slated for a minor update that is already in testing. The updates for both will enable upload saves for the PS3 for both the "Minecraft PS4" and "Minecraft Ps Vita," and for the Xbox 360 to transfer saves to the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" ahead of the release date of the title.
Apart from 4J Studios' updates on the "Minecraft" PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita, PS3 and Xbox 360, developer Mojang has also launched a pre-release 1.8-pre2 version, which addresses quite a few bugs and issues.
This comes just days after the pre-release was made public following several "Minecraft" snapshots for fans to test out.
Some of the new bugs found and fixed with the pre-release 1.8-pre2 include the following:
- Crashes when populating a chunk with empty (void) columns
- Thrown splash potions have the colour of water
- Inverted Daylight Sensor doesn't drop anything when mined
- Item frames do not work outside 524289 x -524288 coordinates
- Placing Redstone dust on certain other objects destroy the object
- Skin is using wrong model
- Cannot Summon Fireball/WitherSkull With/Without Direction (Unable To Summon Object)
- Crash: Command "Summon SmallFireball" on Mobs!
The "Minecraft 1.8 Update" has been touted by Mojang as the bountiful update, as it brings with it a number of additions previously detailed. From the addition of the red sandstone and iron trapdoors to the addition of new mobs with new abilities, the "Minecraft 1.8 Update" is looking to be filled with major changes to your gameplay.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Latest Nikon D750 Costs $2500, But The Full Frame Model Is Worth The Buy
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: Sledgehammer Games Releases Launch Trailer, Smooth Multiplayer And Dedicated Servers
- Early Unofficial Android 5.0 Lollipop Port for Nexus 4
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘Halo': The Master Chief Collection, Updates And Preorder Details; 343 Industries Announces ‘Halo 2 Anniversary’ Documentary
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge