An Australian Mother of Three That Suffered Domestic Violence for Years Died
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | August 27, 2014 12:02 PM EST
The lifeless body of the 34-year-old woman, Anthea Mari from Brisbane, was found in the lounge room of her Norman Park house while her daughters were sleeping close by. According to the reports, Mari suffered domestic violence for many years. At the same time, she also apparently helped other women who suffered similar situations at home. Mari left three daughters behind. One of her 15-year-old daughter is living with her grandmother. The other two daughters, at the age of 12 and 11 respectively, were sleeping in the same house when she passed away.
Australian doll repairer Kerry Stuart, a 25-year veteran at Sydney's Doll Hospital, pulls the plastic head of a customers doll out of a bowl of hot water to soften the material before removing and replacing its old eyes, June 17, 2014. Opened in 1913, Sydney's Doll Hospital has worked on millions of dolls, teddy bears and other toys. Behind a toy shop on a busy suburban street in Sydney's south, "doll surgeons" transplant fingers, toes and heads, and repair broken eye sockets in dolls who were the victim of a childhood tantrum or sibling rivalry, sometimes decades ago. Picture taken June 17, 2014.
Mari's Facebook posts apparently revealed the domestic violence she had suffered for nearly 15 years. She recently shared a post on her Facebook profile that allegedly revealed the situation in her personal life. "If she flinches when you go to put your arm around her, someone else's hand once was not so sweet. If she questions you, someone else lied to her. If she does not tell you things, someone else once betrayed her secrets. Behind every cranky, complicated girl or girl who is scared to love is, a girl who is tired of being broken'', the post read. "I swear this was written about me", she commented.
Further reports emerged that Mari even had to sleep in her car at time while enduring domestic violence. She took part in an awareness programme that urged women to seek help in case of homelessness or domestic violence. She publicly asked other women to ask for help from others if they suffered from such situations. "Do not think you are the only one. There are plenty of other women going through it, too", she said.
Police have started looking for Mari's friend, Jacob Michael Smith, who was reportedly with her during the last hours of her life. He had allegedly visited Mari around 90 minutes before her death was reported to police. Police descriptions have revealed that Smith is of average build. He has dark hair and is 180 cm tall. However, according to police, the 38-year-old was not a former partner of the deceased woman. It has not been revealed if the death was caused by domestic violence.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2