Jennifer Aniston Takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge And Nominates Friend Courteney Cox: Cox Accepts With Ed Sheeran’s Help [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | August 27, 2014 11:52 AM EST
Jennifer Aniston recently joined the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge bandwagon that has gone viral on the Internet. She even nominated her friend Courteney Cox who also accepted the challenge with Ed Sheeran's help. Aniston and Cox are just among the long list of celebrities that have been participating in the popular challenge for the benefit of the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Association. It aims to raise funds and awareness about this neurodegenerative disease that is also known as the Lou Gehrig's disease or the motor neuron disorder. Read on to learn more about it and watch the videos of Aniston and Cox after the article.
Actors Courteney Cox Arquette (L) and Jennifer Aniston of 'Friends' arrive at NBC studios for the 75th Anniversary show for the network in Manhattan on May 5, 2002. Many past and present stars came to the program which was broadcast live.
Aniston's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video was posted on Jimmy Kimmel Live's official YouTube channel on Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014. As of this writing, it has already been watched by 1,731,428 viewers, with 6,603 giving it the thumbs up. However, 407 viewers have given it the thumbs down.
"Hi, I'm Jennifer Aniston and I accept this ALS Ice Bucket Challenge from Justin Theroux. I'm gonna make a huge, ginormous donation and so should all of you, " Aniston said as she gets ice cold water poured on her by Theroux.
Aniston nominated Charlie Downey, Courteney Cox, Chelsea Handler and Howard Stern.
Meanwhile, her best friend and former "Friends" co-star Courteney Cox has accepted the challenge from Aniston.
"Alright Jennifer Aniston, I accept your ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Let's make some donations, let's find a cure," Cox said in the video.
She got a bucket of water dumped on her by English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, while she was sitting poolside.
Cox also got an additional dousing of ice cold water when her fiancé Johnny McDaid of Snow Patrol and a friend poured some water on her after Sheeran did. She nominated McDaid, Snow Patrol lead vocalist Gary Lightbody and actress Isla Fisher.
Compared to Aniston's video, Courteney's video has only been watched by 29,761 viewers with 356 giving it the thumbs up and 3 giving it the thumbs down. It was published on Monday, Aug. 25, 2014.
According to the official website of the ALS Association, when doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and posting it on social media, the hashtags #alsicebucketchallenge, #icebucketchallenge and #strikeoutals should be used. The ALS Association also warns that the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is not for everyone. It is not suitable for those who are in poor health, the elderly, small children or animals of any kind.
Aside from the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, people can help spread ALS awareness by joining the Walk to Defeat ALS, becoming an ALS advocate, participating in other ALS fundraisers, donating to the ALS Association or just spreading information about ALS in social media sites including Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and even on Instagram.
Watch The Jennifer Aniston Takes The #ALSIceBucketChallenge @ProjectALS Video Below:
Watch The Courteney's Ice Bucket Challenge Video Below:
READ MORE ABOUT THE ALS ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate