Jennifer Aniston Takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge And Nominates Friend Courteney Cox: Cox Accepts With Ed Sheeran’s Help [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | August 27, 2014 11:52 AM EST
Jennifer Aniston recently joined the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge bandwagon that has gone viral on the Internet. She even nominated her friend Courteney Cox who also accepted the challenge with Ed Sheeran's help. Aniston and Cox are just among the long list of celebrities that have been participating in the popular challenge for the benefit of the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Association. It aims to raise funds and awareness about this neurodegenerative disease that is also known as the Lou Gehrig's disease or the motor neuron disorder. Read on to learn more about it and watch the videos of Aniston and Cox after the article.
Actors Courteney Cox Arquette (L) and Jennifer Aniston of 'Friends' arrive at NBC studios for the 75th Anniversary show for the network in Manhattan on May 5, 2002. Many past and present stars came to the program which was broadcast live.
Aniston's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video was posted on Jimmy Kimmel Live's official YouTube channel on Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014. As of this writing, it has already been watched by 1,731,428 viewers, with 6,603 giving it the thumbs up. However, 407 viewers have given it the thumbs down.
"Hi, I'm Jennifer Aniston and I accept this ALS Ice Bucket Challenge from Justin Theroux. I'm gonna make a huge, ginormous donation and so should all of you, " Aniston said as she gets ice cold water poured on her by Theroux.
Aniston nominated Charlie Downey, Courteney Cox, Chelsea Handler and Howard Stern.
Meanwhile, her best friend and former "Friends" co-star Courteney Cox has accepted the challenge from Aniston.
"Alright Jennifer Aniston, I accept your ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Let's make some donations, let's find a cure," Cox said in the video.
She got a bucket of water dumped on her by English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, while she was sitting poolside.
Cox also got an additional dousing of ice cold water when her fiancé Johnny McDaid of Snow Patrol and a friend poured some water on her after Sheeran did. She nominated McDaid, Snow Patrol lead vocalist Gary Lightbody and actress Isla Fisher.
Compared to Aniston's video, Courteney's video has only been watched by 29,761 viewers with 356 giving it the thumbs up and 3 giving it the thumbs down. It was published on Monday, Aug. 25, 2014.
According to the official website of the ALS Association, when doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and posting it on social media, the hashtags #alsicebucketchallenge, #icebucketchallenge and #strikeoutals should be used. The ALS Association also warns that the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is not for everyone. It is not suitable for those who are in poor health, the elderly, small children or animals of any kind.
Aside from the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, people can help spread ALS awareness by joining the Walk to Defeat ALS, becoming an ALS advocate, participating in other ALS fundraisers, donating to the ALS Association or just spreading information about ALS in social media sites including Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and even on Instagram.
Watch The Jennifer Aniston Takes The #ALSIceBucketChallenge @ProjectALS Video Below:
Watch The Courteney's Ice Bucket Challenge Video Below:
READ MORE ABOUT THE ALS ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones