Jennifer Aniston Takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge And Nominates Friend Courteney Cox: Cox Accepts With Ed Sheeran’s Help [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | August 27, 2014 11:52 AM EST
Jennifer Aniston recently joined the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge bandwagon that has gone viral on the Internet. She even nominated her friend Courteney Cox who also accepted the challenge with Ed Sheeran's help. Aniston and Cox are just among the long list of celebrities that have been participating in the popular challenge for the benefit of the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Association. It aims to raise funds and awareness about this neurodegenerative disease that is also known as the Lou Gehrig's disease or the motor neuron disorder. Read on to learn more about it and watch the videos of Aniston and Cox after the article.
Actors Courteney Cox Arquette (L) and Jennifer Aniston of 'Friends' arrive at NBC studios for the 75th Anniversary show for the network in Manhattan on May 5, 2002. Many past and present stars came to the program which was broadcast live.
Aniston's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video was posted on Jimmy Kimmel Live's official YouTube channel on Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014. As of this writing, it has already been watched by 1,731,428 viewers, with 6,603 giving it the thumbs up. However, 407 viewers have given it the thumbs down.
"Hi, I'm Jennifer Aniston and I accept this ALS Ice Bucket Challenge from Justin Theroux. I'm gonna make a huge, ginormous donation and so should all of you, " Aniston said as she gets ice cold water poured on her by Theroux.
Aniston nominated Charlie Downey, Courteney Cox, Chelsea Handler and Howard Stern.
Meanwhile, her best friend and former "Friends" co-star Courteney Cox has accepted the challenge from Aniston.
"Alright Jennifer Aniston, I accept your ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Let's make some donations, let's find a cure," Cox said in the video.
She got a bucket of water dumped on her by English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, while she was sitting poolside.
Cox also got an additional dousing of ice cold water when her fiancé Johnny McDaid of Snow Patrol and a friend poured some water on her after Sheeran did. She nominated McDaid, Snow Patrol lead vocalist Gary Lightbody and actress Isla Fisher.
Compared to Aniston's video, Courteney's video has only been watched by 29,761 viewers with 356 giving it the thumbs up and 3 giving it the thumbs down. It was published on Monday, Aug. 25, 2014.
According to the official website of the ALS Association, when doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and posting it on social media, the hashtags #alsicebucketchallenge, #icebucketchallenge and #strikeoutals should be used. The ALS Association also warns that the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is not for everyone. It is not suitable for those who are in poor health, the elderly, small children or animals of any kind.
Aside from the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, people can help spread ALS awareness by joining the Walk to Defeat ALS, becoming an ALS advocate, participating in other ALS fundraisers, donating to the ALS Association or just spreading information about ALS in social media sites including Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and even on Instagram.
Watch The Jennifer Aniston Takes The #ALSIceBucketChallenge @ProjectALS Video Below:
Watch The Courteney's Ice Bucket Challenge Video Below:
READ MORE ABOUT THE ALS ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design