Demi Lovato Feels Sad Over Past VMA Looks: Wishes She Could Have Been Healthier
By Annie Dee | August 27, 2014 11:44 AM EST
Demi Lovato wowed everyone when she attended the 2014 VMAs in a plunging red gown that accentuates her fit body and nice curves. However, instead of basking on the positive reaction to her dress, Demi Lovato found herself reminiscing about her past VMA outfits and realizing how sad it was that she could not see herself as beautiful in the past.
Singer Demi Lovato serves as grand marshal during the 44th annual Los Angeles Pride parade in West Hollywood, California June 8, 2014.
In her Instagram, the hot Latina singer actress posted four of her VMA looks including the most recent one and posted a long message on how she feels of her transformation.
"This picture makes me feel so many mixed emotions. I remember the day I wore the dress in the very first picture. I remember asking for spanx to flatten my stomach because I use to feel so heavy and 'fat'. Now looking at this picture, you can clearly see my hip bones. It makes me sad because I wasted so many years being ashamed of my body when I could have been living the happy and healthy life I live today", Lovato wrote.
"It TRULY just goes to show you that your perceptions can lie to you. OR they can make you learn to enjoy life. Fortunately looking at the picture of myself in the red dress yesterday, I not only feel so grateful for the love and support I've had from fans, friends and family, but I also feel beautiful. I am so excited to live my life the way I deserve to and to the complete fullest. Thank you guys once again. I am so thankful for my Lovatics. I love you. And never forget that staying strong is worth it", she added.
Her post is not that surprising. Demi Lovato in her post-rehab stint certainly has become more open and forthright about her issues and feelings. She always seems to be in a personal crusade to stop other younger people from going through the emotional slumps she went through as a teen such as being insecure about her body image, being diagnosed with bipolar disorder and engaging in substance and alcohol abuse. One can sense it through her interviews.
She once wrote in a Seventeen magazine that she started "compulsive overeating" at a very tender age and then she almost starved herself starting at the age of 12 after being bullied for being fat by other kids at school. Recently, she talked about her bipolar disorder with Cosmopolitan for Latinas, putting it forward out there that it is a condition that should be treated, and not be ashamed of. In fact, she shared that having a bipolar disorder is part of what makes her who she is.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates