Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. BlackBerry Z10 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 27, 2014 11:31 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 or the BlackBerry Z10, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Muslim women take pictures of themselves with a Samsung Galaxy Grand smartphone in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd estimated that its January-March operating profit fell by 4.3 percent to 8.4 trillion won ($7.96 billion) as easing smartphone sales growth continued to weigh earnings down. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a 5.25-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The BlackBerry Z10 comes with a 4.2-inch capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels. The Z10 is the clear winner in this category with 355 ppi pixels display density compared to the 280 ppi pixels display density on the Grand 2.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 measures 146.8 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm and weighs 166 grams. The BlackBerry Z10 is comparatively smaller, narrower and lighter. The device measures 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm and weighs 136 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The BlackBerry Z10 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1.5 GB of RAM. The BlackBerry Z10 runs on the BlackBerry 10 operating system, which can be upgraded to the 10.1 version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Grand 2 is the clear winner.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP. The BlackBerry Z10 also sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G. The BlackBerry Z10 comes with a Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 10 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $359.95 and the BlackBerry Z10 4G LTE is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
LG G3 Beat vs LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. LG G2 Mini Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination