Roger Federer’s Advice For Novak Djokovic’s Impending Fatherhood: He Will Have To Figure It Out
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 27, 2014 11:18 AM EST
A lot of people said that wisdom comes with many years as people age. Have you ever wonder what kind of advice the father of four and 17th time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer has for Novak Djokovic, who will become a father soon? According to Federer, Djokovic will really have to figure everything out on his own.
Roger Federer of Switzerland (L) and Novak Djokovic of Serbia pose for a photograph before their men's singles final tennis match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 6, 2014.
Speaking to the reporters ahead of his first round clash against Australian Marinko Matosevic, Federer said that he was wishing Djokovic well. He added that it was normal for Djokovic to be asked a lot of questions about his family life and how he prepares himself to be a father to his baby. "It is normal, I think, when you are entering the whole family thing that many people you talk to, all you talk about is babies and how to prepare for it mentally", Federer said.
Federer said that Djokovic was going through an exciting time of significant changes in his life. "I am sure he is going through a great spell at the moment with winning Wimbledon on top of it".
Federer, more than anyone else, can give Djokovic an advice in terms of balancing his role between sports and family. Federer has successfully kept a balance in all areas that were important to him, family and his sports career and has even managed multiple roles. Last May, Federer has withdrawn from the 2014 Madrid Open to be with his family and welcome the birth of his second set of twins.
Federer said he could go on with an endless talk and give Djokovic counsel, but it would all boil down to the Serbian athlete's take on fatherhood. "I think, he has got to figure it out himself, really, because I do not know his wife very well".
"I do not know where he lives exactly, so I think that all has an impact".
Federer bragged that he had managed to tag his family along with him. The Swiss has four children and Djokovic is expecting one so it should be easy for the World's No. 1, Federer further said.
"Honestly, I wish him the best", Federer said and praised Djokovic's decision to start a family and have kids with Jelena Ristic.
Federer is looking to win his 18th Grand Slam title at the 2014 U.S. Open. He is appearing on his 60th consecutive Grand Slam tournament. Federer is 67-9 at the U.S. Open.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand