Roger Federer’s Advice For Novak Djokovic’s Impending Fatherhood: He Will Have To Figure It Out
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 27, 2014 11:18 AM EST
A lot of people said that wisdom comes with many years as people age. Have you ever wonder what kind of advice the father of four and 17th time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer has for Novak Djokovic, who will become a father soon? According to Federer, Djokovic will really have to figure everything out on his own.
Roger Federer of Switzerland (L) and Novak Djokovic of Serbia pose for a photograph before their men's singles final tennis match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 6, 2014.
Speaking to the reporters ahead of his first round clash against Australian Marinko Matosevic, Federer said that he was wishing Djokovic well. He added that it was normal for Djokovic to be asked a lot of questions about his family life and how he prepares himself to be a father to his baby. "It is normal, I think, when you are entering the whole family thing that many people you talk to, all you talk about is babies and how to prepare for it mentally", Federer said.
Federer said that Djokovic was going through an exciting time of significant changes in his life. "I am sure he is going through a great spell at the moment with winning Wimbledon on top of it".
Federer, more than anyone else, can give Djokovic an advice in terms of balancing his role between sports and family. Federer has successfully kept a balance in all areas that were important to him, family and his sports career and has even managed multiple roles. Last May, Federer has withdrawn from the 2014 Madrid Open to be with his family and welcome the birth of his second set of twins.
Federer said he could go on with an endless talk and give Djokovic counsel, but it would all boil down to the Serbian athlete's take on fatherhood. "I think, he has got to figure it out himself, really, because I do not know his wife very well".
"I do not know where he lives exactly, so I think that all has an impact".
Federer bragged that he had managed to tag his family along with him. The Swiss has four children and Djokovic is expecting one so it should be easy for the World's No. 1, Federer further said.
"Honestly, I wish him the best", Federer said and praised Djokovic's decision to start a family and have kids with Jelena Ristic.
Federer is looking to win his 18th Grand Slam title at the 2014 U.S. Open. He is appearing on his 60th consecutive Grand Slam tournament. Federer is 67-9 at the U.S. Open.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide