‘H1Z1’ On PS4, PC: Updates From Devs on World Size, Early Access And More
By Gel Galang | August 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST
With the SOE Live officially closed, new information on the upcoming apocalyptic survival title "H1Z1" has surfaced.
It seems that Sony Online Entertainment newest title, which has recently been announced to have a release on the PS4 aside from the original PC platform destination, is taking its sandbox-survival experience way more seriously.
Danilo Napalan plays the new zombie survival game "Dying Light " in the Warner Bros. booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
Joystiq has gotten a chance to see more of "H1Z1," and has managed to compile of new information about the game.
What's obvious and almost kind of a practice with "H1Z1" is that from its early days even before Steam Early Access, fans were already given sneak peeks and details in the form of live Twitch broadcasts, updates and even their very own space in Reddit to voice out concerns and suggestions for the game.
"We'd rather treat it like an indie project and collaborate with the community," senior game designer Jimmy Whisenhunt said to Joystiq.
Indeed, despite the many additions, the report does state that "H1Z1" is still far from being early access-ready, with the main reason being that as a Sony arm, the developers feel that they need to achieve a level of quality before putting out a title to the public.
Another reason for why Steam Early Access is not yet in the cards for the meantime is that, given the explosion of apocalyptic titles and open-world games featuring the undead, SOE's aim is to not make "H1Z1 just like the many others already out there.
Gamefront reports that even though "H1Z1" already has the foundation of "PlanetSide 2's" engine, the experience for the game should be different and polished for fans. Mentioning another zombie title, "DayZ" and its issues, "H1Z1" producer Steve George said that they surviving as a title for "H1Z1" would require ensuring that those same issues won't be found for the title.
As far as world size is concerned, there are already plans for what SOE has to meet when "H1Z1" gets released for Steam Early Access. Gamefront adds that a 64-square-kilometer world size is in the works, though it will not stop with the released map alone.
The developers plan on expanding the map so that the world size will become massive, though this may focus on urban settings, as cityscapes like high-rise buildings might cause complications with the "H1Z1" servers.
For now, the latest addition to "H1Z1," the airdrop option for supplies, has been given a trailer as seen below.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers