‘H1Z1’ On PS4, PC: Updates From Devs on World Size, Early Access And More
By Gel Galang | August 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST
With the SOE Live officially closed, new information on the upcoming apocalyptic survival title "H1Z1" has surfaced.
It seems that Sony Online Entertainment newest title, which has recently been announced to have a release on the PS4 aside from the original PC platform destination, is taking its sandbox-survival experience way more seriously.
Danilo Napalan plays the new zombie survival game "Dying Light " in the Warner Bros. booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
Joystiq has gotten a chance to see more of "H1Z1," and has managed to compile of new information about the game.
What's obvious and almost kind of a practice with "H1Z1" is that from its early days even before Steam Early Access, fans were already given sneak peeks and details in the form of live Twitch broadcasts, updates and even their very own space in Reddit to voice out concerns and suggestions for the game.
"We'd rather treat it like an indie project and collaborate with the community," senior game designer Jimmy Whisenhunt said to Joystiq.
Indeed, despite the many additions, the report does state that "H1Z1" is still far from being early access-ready, with the main reason being that as a Sony arm, the developers feel that they need to achieve a level of quality before putting out a title to the public.
Another reason for why Steam Early Access is not yet in the cards for the meantime is that, given the explosion of apocalyptic titles and open-world games featuring the undead, SOE's aim is to not make "H1Z1 just like the many others already out there.
Gamefront reports that even though "H1Z1" already has the foundation of "PlanetSide 2's" engine, the experience for the game should be different and polished for fans. Mentioning another zombie title, "DayZ" and its issues, "H1Z1" producer Steve George said that they surviving as a title for "H1Z1" would require ensuring that those same issues won't be found for the title.
As far as world size is concerned, there are already plans for what SOE has to meet when "H1Z1" gets released for Steam Early Access. Gamefront adds that a 64-square-kilometer world size is in the works, though it will not stop with the released map alone.
The developers plan on expanding the map so that the world size will become massive, though this may focus on urban settings, as cityscapes like high-rise buildings might cause complications with the "H1Z1" servers.
For now, the latest addition to "H1Z1," the airdrop option for supplies, has been given a trailer as seen below.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports