Moto X vs. Oppo N1 Mini – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 27, 2014 10:54 AM EST
The Moto X was released in Aug. 2013, whereas the Oppo N1 Mini has recently been released in China. Furthermore, the Oppo handset will be launched in other countries shortly. Readers who are interested in the Moto X or the upcoming Oppo N1 Mini should check out this specification, features and price comparison.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Display, Exterior And Size
The Moto X features a 4.7-inch AMOLED display bundled with a screen resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels. The Oppo N1 Mini, on the other hand, features a relatively bigger 5-inch IPS LCD display with the same resolution as the Motorola device. In addition, the pixel densities of Motorola and Oppo handsets stand at 312 ppi and 294 ppi respectively.
The Moto X comes with a sleek body and boasts premium look. The exterior is made of durable plastic called PET composite. Even though the Moto X looks sturdy, the weight is kept to a minimum. Also, the back side has a soft-touch finish, hence it is comfortable on the hands and there shouldn't be any problems with fingerprints. However, there is no information available on the exterior of the upcoming Oppo N1 Mini at this point.
The thickness and the weight of the Oppo N1 Mini are 0.36-inch and 150 g respectively, whereas the Moto X is 0.41-inch thick and weighs 130 g.
Hardware, Software And Memory
The Oppo N1 Mini is powered by a relatively superior quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor, clocked at 1.6 GHz. The Moto X, on the other hand, is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon Pro) Krait processor, clocked at 1.7 GHz. Also, both the phones house the same 2 GB of RAM.
In addition, the Moto X device runs on Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), which is upgradable to v4.4.4 (KitKat). And the mini device from Oppo runs on Android OS v4.3 Jelly Bean with ColorOS UI on top of it. Furthermore, the Oppo N1 Mini offers 16 GB of internal storage, while the Moto X comes with 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB of in-built storage capacities. However, both the handsets do not support microSD card.
Camera And Battery
The Moto X sports a 10 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. The Oppo N1 Mini, on the other hand, houses a unique 13 MP primary camera unit with LED flash that can be swivelled (turned) back and forth. This way, even the front-facing camera can capture images with the same 13 MP sensor.
Additionally, the Motorola handset houses a good Li-Ion 2200 mAh battery unit, whereas the Oppo N1 Mini houses a similar Li-Ion 2140 mAh battery unit.
1. Both the phones support Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, LTE and microUSB slots.
2. In addition, the Motorola device supports NFC, while the Oppo device doesn't.
3. The Oppo N1 Mini comes in white, whereas the Moto X comes with black or white front panel and a customizable rear panel with 18 different colour choices via Motorola MotoMaker.
The Moto X 16 GB is priced at AU$379.95. This is a note-worthy price reduction. The Oppo N1 Mini, meanwhile, is priced at CNY 2,699 in China that roughly translates to US$437, AU$468 and £259. Interested readers should check out the killer image of the Oppo N1 Mini from Oppo Mobile India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports