Whoopi Goldberg-Rosie O'Donnell Feud Over 'The View' Moderator Seat
By Tanya Diente | August 27, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Whoopi Goldberg is reportedly leaving "The View" over feud with previous moderator Rosie O'Donnell.
U.S. President Barack Obama appears on a taped episode of the television show, "The View" at the ABC Studios in New York, May 14, 2012. Posing from L-R are: Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Obama, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck.
Rosie O'Donnell only took over the moderator seat for eight months in 2006 after Meredith Vieira, Daily Mail reports. Meanwhile, the 58-year old Whoopi has been the moderator of the show since 2007. However, even before the 18th Season of "The View" premieres on Sept. 15 reports claimed O'Donnell already wants the seat back. The 52-year old comedian is said to be in a feud over the mdoerator seat with Whoopi and it's prompting the "Sister Act" star to leave the show.
A source exclusively told Radar Online that Rosie O'Donnell wants to take over the moderator seat even though Whoopi has been occupying it for a while now.
"It doesn't matter to Rosie that Whoopi has sat there for the last several years. Rosie doesn't want to be sitting anywhere but back in her old spot," the source said.
The source implied that the 52-year old Rosie O'Donnell is once again aiming to take back her crown. Even before the premiere, Rosie is reportedly already thinking that she is the matriarch of the show, as the source claimed Rosie thinks "this is once again her show."
However, it won't be easy since Whoopi is reportedly not giving up the moderator seat. Even with Rosie O'Donnell's suggestion that "they trade seats every other week."
"It's all a power trip for Rosie, which is resulting in tension on the staff," the source told Radar Online..
Apparently, the feud is reported to have an effect on Whoopi Goldberg. Even though the former actress just signed a four-year contract with ABC, an insider told the National Inquirer she already wants to leave the show.
"Whoopi regrets roping herself in like that and is trying to figure a way out," the insider close to Goldberg said.
The insider further claimed that Whoopi Goldberg "wants to do other projects and feels network honchos are holding her back."
However, the tension between the two comedians is reportedly not bothering executives of "The View." According to Daily Mail, they are even hoping it will bring in gold ratings for the show. Furthermore, they have already anticipated that Rosie O'Donnell's comeback would bring in controversy. The comedian, who boosted a 27 percent increase to the show's ratings during her moderator days, reportedly "won't be playing second fiddle to anyone."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon