Whoopi Goldberg-Rosie O'Donnell Feud Over 'The View' Moderator Seat
By Tanya Diente | August 27, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Whoopi Goldberg is reportedly leaving "The View" over feud with previous moderator Rosie O'Donnell.
U.S. President Barack Obama appears on a taped episode of the television show, "The View" at the ABC Studios in New York, May 14, 2012. Posing from L-R are: Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Obama, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck.
Rosie O'Donnell only took over the moderator seat for eight months in 2006 after Meredith Vieira, Daily Mail reports. Meanwhile, the 58-year old Whoopi has been the moderator of the show since 2007. However, even before the 18th Season of "The View" premieres on Sept. 15 reports claimed O'Donnell already wants the seat back. The 52-year old comedian is said to be in a feud over the mdoerator seat with Whoopi and it's prompting the "Sister Act" star to leave the show.
A source exclusively told Radar Online that Rosie O'Donnell wants to take over the moderator seat even though Whoopi has been occupying it for a while now.
"It doesn't matter to Rosie that Whoopi has sat there for the last several years. Rosie doesn't want to be sitting anywhere but back in her old spot," the source said.
The source implied that the 52-year old Rosie O'Donnell is once again aiming to take back her crown. Even before the premiere, Rosie is reportedly already thinking that she is the matriarch of the show, as the source claimed Rosie thinks "this is once again her show."
However, it won't be easy since Whoopi is reportedly not giving up the moderator seat. Even with Rosie O'Donnell's suggestion that "they trade seats every other week."
"It's all a power trip for Rosie, which is resulting in tension on the staff," the source told Radar Online..
Apparently, the feud is reported to have an effect on Whoopi Goldberg. Even though the former actress just signed a four-year contract with ABC, an insider told the National Inquirer she already wants to leave the show.
"Whoopi regrets roping herself in like that and is trying to figure a way out," the insider close to Goldberg said.
The insider further claimed that Whoopi Goldberg "wants to do other projects and feels network honchos are holding her back."
However, the tension between the two comedians is reportedly not bothering executives of "The View." According to Daily Mail, they are even hoping it will bring in gold ratings for the show. Furthermore, they have already anticipated that Rosie O'Donnell's comeback would bring in controversy. The comedian, who boosted a 27 percent increase to the show's ratings during her moderator days, reportedly "won't be playing second fiddle to anyone."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe