Whoopi Goldberg-Rosie O'Donnell Feud Over 'The View' Moderator Seat
By Tanya Diente | August 27, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Whoopi Goldberg is reportedly leaving "The View" over feud with previous moderator Rosie O'Donnell.
U.S. President Barack Obama appears on a taped episode of the television show, "The View" at the ABC Studios in New York, May 14, 2012. Posing from L-R are: Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Obama, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck.
Rosie O'Donnell only took over the moderator seat for eight months in 2006 after Meredith Vieira, Daily Mail reports. Meanwhile, the 58-year old Whoopi has been the moderator of the show since 2007. However, even before the 18th Season of "The View" premieres on Sept. 15 reports claimed O'Donnell already wants the seat back. The 52-year old comedian is said to be in a feud over the mdoerator seat with Whoopi and it's prompting the "Sister Act" star to leave the show.
A source exclusively told Radar Online that Rosie O'Donnell wants to take over the moderator seat even though Whoopi has been occupying it for a while now.
"It doesn't matter to Rosie that Whoopi has sat there for the last several years. Rosie doesn't want to be sitting anywhere but back in her old spot," the source said.
The source implied that the 52-year old Rosie O'Donnell is once again aiming to take back her crown. Even before the premiere, Rosie is reportedly already thinking that she is the matriarch of the show, as the source claimed Rosie thinks "this is once again her show."
However, it won't be easy since Whoopi is reportedly not giving up the moderator seat. Even with Rosie O'Donnell's suggestion that "they trade seats every other week."
"It's all a power trip for Rosie, which is resulting in tension on the staff," the source told Radar Online..
Apparently, the feud is reported to have an effect on Whoopi Goldberg. Even though the former actress just signed a four-year contract with ABC, an insider told the National Inquirer she already wants to leave the show.
"Whoopi regrets roping herself in like that and is trying to figure a way out," the insider close to Goldberg said.
The insider further claimed that Whoopi Goldberg "wants to do other projects and feels network honchos are holding her back."
However, the tension between the two comedians is reportedly not bothering executives of "The View." According to Daily Mail, they are even hoping it will bring in gold ratings for the show. Furthermore, they have already anticipated that Rosie O'Donnell's comeback would bring in controversy. The comedian, who boosted a 27 percent increase to the show's ratings during her moderator days, reportedly "won't be playing second fiddle to anyone."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage