Whoopi Goldberg-Rosie O'Donnell Feud Over 'The View' Moderator Seat
By Tanya Diente | August 27, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Whoopi Goldberg is reportedly leaving "The View" over feud with previous moderator Rosie O'Donnell.
U.S. President Barack Obama appears on a taped episode of the television show, "The View" at the ABC Studios in New York, May 14, 2012. Posing from L-R are: Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Obama, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck.
Rosie O'Donnell only took over the moderator seat for eight months in 2006 after Meredith Vieira, Daily Mail reports. Meanwhile, the 58-year old Whoopi has been the moderator of the show since 2007. However, even before the 18th Season of "The View" premieres on Sept. 15 reports claimed O'Donnell already wants the seat back. The 52-year old comedian is said to be in a feud over the mdoerator seat with Whoopi and it's prompting the "Sister Act" star to leave the show.
A source exclusively told Radar Online that Rosie O'Donnell wants to take over the moderator seat even though Whoopi has been occupying it for a while now.
"It doesn't matter to Rosie that Whoopi has sat there for the last several years. Rosie doesn't want to be sitting anywhere but back in her old spot," the source said.
The source implied that the 52-year old Rosie O'Donnell is once again aiming to take back her crown. Even before the premiere, Rosie is reportedly already thinking that she is the matriarch of the show, as the source claimed Rosie thinks "this is once again her show."
However, it won't be easy since Whoopi is reportedly not giving up the moderator seat. Even with Rosie O'Donnell's suggestion that "they trade seats every other week."
"It's all a power trip for Rosie, which is resulting in tension on the staff," the source told Radar Online..
Apparently, the feud is reported to have an effect on Whoopi Goldberg. Even though the former actress just signed a four-year contract with ABC, an insider told the National Inquirer she already wants to leave the show.
"Whoopi regrets roping herself in like that and is trying to figure a way out," the insider close to Goldberg said.
The insider further claimed that Whoopi Goldberg "wants to do other projects and feels network honchos are holding her back."
However, the tension between the two comedians is reportedly not bothering executives of "The View." According to Daily Mail, they are even hoping it will bring in gold ratings for the show. Furthermore, they have already anticipated that Rosie O'Donnell's comeback would bring in controversy. The comedian, who boosted a 27 percent increase to the show's ratings during her moderator days, reportedly "won't be playing second fiddle to anyone."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date