Whoopi Goldberg-Rosie O'Donnell Feud Over 'The View' Moderator Seat
By Tanya Diente | August 27, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Whoopi Goldberg is reportedly leaving "The View" over feud with previous moderator Rosie O'Donnell.
U.S. President Barack Obama appears on a taped episode of the television show, "The View" at the ABC Studios in New York, May 14, 2012. Posing from L-R are: Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Obama, Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck.
Rosie O'Donnell only took over the moderator seat for eight months in 2006 after Meredith Vieira, Daily Mail reports. Meanwhile, the 58-year old Whoopi has been the moderator of the show since 2007. However, even before the 18th Season of "The View" premieres on Sept. 15 reports claimed O'Donnell already wants the seat back. The 52-year old comedian is said to be in a feud over the mdoerator seat with Whoopi and it's prompting the "Sister Act" star to leave the show.
A source exclusively told Radar Online that Rosie O'Donnell wants to take over the moderator seat even though Whoopi has been occupying it for a while now.
"It doesn't matter to Rosie that Whoopi has sat there for the last several years. Rosie doesn't want to be sitting anywhere but back in her old spot," the source said.
The source implied that the 52-year old Rosie O'Donnell is once again aiming to take back her crown. Even before the premiere, Rosie is reportedly already thinking that she is the matriarch of the show, as the source claimed Rosie thinks "this is once again her show."
However, it won't be easy since Whoopi is reportedly not giving up the moderator seat. Even with Rosie O'Donnell's suggestion that "they trade seats every other week."
"It's all a power trip for Rosie, which is resulting in tension on the staff," the source told Radar Online..
Apparently, the feud is reported to have an effect on Whoopi Goldberg. Even though the former actress just signed a four-year contract with ABC, an insider told the National Inquirer she already wants to leave the show.
"Whoopi regrets roping herself in like that and is trying to figure a way out," the insider close to Goldberg said.
The insider further claimed that Whoopi Goldberg "wants to do other projects and feels network honchos are holding her back."
However, the tension between the two comedians is reportedly not bothering executives of "The View." According to Daily Mail, they are even hoping it will bring in gold ratings for the show. Furthermore, they have already anticipated that Rosie O'Donnell's comeback would bring in controversy. The comedian, who boosted a 27 percent increase to the show's ratings during her moderator days, reportedly "won't be playing second fiddle to anyone."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation