Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Status in Australia, Spain and United Kingdom
By Ryan Inoyori | August 27, 2014 10:27 AM EST
Users of the Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305 outside the United States are now expressing concerns on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Subscribers from EE UK and Vodafone Spain inquired for the latest firmware version but only served with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy S3 4G Vodafone Spain
Vodafone Spain confirmed at the official forum page that Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE I9305 in the region is only upgradable to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. A network carrier representative replied to one user's concern on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat rollout and the state of other companies offering the update.
"Today Samsung Spain has not officially confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S III will be upgraded to Android 4.4.2 nor has confirmed the information contrary as recently echoed several specialised blogs and forums. Also, today is available for Android 4.3 Samsung Galaxy S3 4G for all companies that have this phone and not any other version of Android higher," Google translated post of a Vodafone Spain representative.
A user of Galaxy S3 4G under network EE UK expressed concern on why Sprint U.S. offers Android 4.4.2 KitKat to subscribers while UK carriers do not. Unfortunately, no representative has answered the inquiry as of date and replies from other users simply expressed more cautious feeling regarding bugs after the events of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update released in UK while others hope for speedy development and expects the rollout by Christmas.
In Australia, network carrier Telstra is busy dealing with several firmware updates from different brands but Galaxy S3 4G was not enlisted on the two recent official lists.
Handset Software Updates 28/07/2014 for Samsung Devices:
- Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4.2 now available
- Galaxy Note 2 4G: Android 4.4 expected on September 15
- Galaxy S2 4G: Android 2.3 as bug-fixing patch under testing phase
Handset Software Updates 15/08/2014 for Samsung Devices:
- Galaxy S5: Android 4.4.2 bug-fixing patch only
- Galaxy Note 2 4G: Android 4.4 expected on September 15 and currently being scheduled for testing phase
- Galaxy S2 4G: Android 2.3 bug-fixing patch under testing phase
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- The 5 Biggest and Best Smartphones Of 2014: Their Best Features And Price Comparisons
- SanDisk Launches The World’s First Memory Card With A Capacity of 512 GB
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List