Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Status in Australia, Spain and United Kingdom
By Ryan Inoyori | August 27, 2014 10:27 AM EST
Users of the Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305 outside the United States are now expressing concerns on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Subscribers from EE UK and Vodafone Spain inquired for the latest firmware version but only served with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy S3 4G Vodafone Spain
Vodafone Spain confirmed at the official forum page that Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE I9305 in the region is only upgradable to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. A network carrier representative replied to one user's concern on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat rollout and the state of other companies offering the update.
"Today Samsung Spain has not officially confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S III will be upgraded to Android 4.4.2 nor has confirmed the information contrary as recently echoed several specialised blogs and forums. Also, today is available for Android 4.3 Samsung Galaxy S3 4G for all companies that have this phone and not any other version of Android higher," Google translated post of a Vodafone Spain representative.
A user of Galaxy S3 4G under network EE UK expressed concern on why Sprint U.S. offers Android 4.4.2 KitKat to subscribers while UK carriers do not. Unfortunately, no representative has answered the inquiry as of date and replies from other users simply expressed more cautious feeling regarding bugs after the events of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update released in UK while others hope for speedy development and expects the rollout by Christmas.
In Australia, network carrier Telstra is busy dealing with several firmware updates from different brands but Galaxy S3 4G was not enlisted on the two recent official lists.
Handset Software Updates 28/07/2014 for Samsung Devices:
- Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4.2 now available
- Galaxy Note 2 4G: Android 4.4 expected on September 15
- Galaxy S2 4G: Android 2.3 as bug-fixing patch under testing phase
Handset Software Updates 15/08/2014 for Samsung Devices:
- Galaxy S5: Android 4.4.2 bug-fixing patch only
- Galaxy Note 2 4G: Android 4.4 expected on September 15 and currently being scheduled for testing phase
- Galaxy S2 4G: Android 2.3 bug-fixing patch under testing phase
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft