Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Status in Australia, Spain and United Kingdom
By Ryan Inoyori | August 27, 2014 10:27 AM EST
Users of the Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305 outside the United States are now expressing concerns on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Subscribers from EE UK and Vodafone Spain inquired for the latest firmware version but only served with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy S3 4G Vodafone Spain
Vodafone Spain confirmed at the official forum page that Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE I9305 in the region is only upgradable to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. A network carrier representative replied to one user's concern on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat rollout and the state of other companies offering the update.
"Today Samsung Spain has not officially confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S III will be upgraded to Android 4.4.2 nor has confirmed the information contrary as recently echoed several specialised blogs and forums. Also, today is available for Android 4.3 Samsung Galaxy S3 4G for all companies that have this phone and not any other version of Android higher," Google translated post of a Vodafone Spain representative.
A user of Galaxy S3 4G under network EE UK expressed concern on why Sprint U.S. offers Android 4.4.2 KitKat to subscribers while UK carriers do not. Unfortunately, no representative has answered the inquiry as of date and replies from other users simply expressed more cautious feeling regarding bugs after the events of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update released in UK while others hope for speedy development and expects the rollout by Christmas.
In Australia, network carrier Telstra is busy dealing with several firmware updates from different brands but Galaxy S3 4G was not enlisted on the two recent official lists.
Handset Software Updates 28/07/2014 for Samsung Devices:
- Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4.2 now available
- Galaxy Note 2 4G: Android 4.4 expected on September 15
- Galaxy S2 4G: Android 2.3 as bug-fixing patch under testing phase
Handset Software Updates 15/08/2014 for Samsung Devices:
- Galaxy S5: Android 4.4.2 bug-fixing patch only
- Galaxy Note 2 4G: Android 4.4 expected on September 15 and currently being scheduled for testing phase
- Galaxy S2 4G: Android 2.3 bug-fixing patch under testing phase
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia