Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Coming With New ID, Unlock Tech; IFA To See Curved TV And Possible Gear VR
By Gel Galang | August 27, 2014 9:31 AM EST
As the IFA in Berlin nears, more and more rumours and speculations are surfacing regarding a number of Samsung's devices.
A sales assistant checks Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S5 smartphones at a shop in Seoul July 29, 2014. South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday reported a 24.6 percent fall in second-quarter operating profit, in line with guidance, due to disappointing returns from its smartphone business. Picture taken July 29, 2014. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji
This time, it's about the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, now reported to have Synaptics' Natural ID solution for fingerprint sensing. SamMobile reports that this time around, the technology will be better than how it was received with the Samsung Galaxy 5.
It seems that fingerprint scanning can now be used for four actions, namely Screen Lock, verification of accounts, Paypal payments, and Private mode authentication.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may also be the basis of improvements that will be done on the Samsung Galaxy 5, most notable of which would be the Fingerprint Shortcuts. According to the report, this will debut with software updates to allow users a more diverse means of applying the fingerprint scanner to more uses.
As far as the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is concerned, it will also have another feature: web sign-in. This means that websites that support fingerprint recognition can now be accessed through the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with the new feature.
Expect more details to come about the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 at the Unpacked 2014 event.
Gear VR Leaked Before the IFA?
Samsung's smartphones are not the only ones getting leaks before the IFA in Berlin. The South Korean company's other project, which involves plans for a virtual reality headset has been captured and leaked before any announcements given for the IFA.
GSM Arena managed to snag a few snapshots of the alleged device, tagged with the model number SM-R320. Since the IFA event is just some weeks away, the fact that the VR headset is also getting some exposure may mean that Samsung does plan something related to this device at the event.
The report adds that the VR headset may be built for the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Note 3, with the production conducted in line with the team behind the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset. Check out the link above to see the screenshots.
Samsung Curved UHD TVs Showcased With Art
Another Samsung device that will be showcased at the IFA will be the Curved UHD TV. This will be shown off together with the infrared art installation by artist Miguel Chevalier.
According to Recombu, the installation will show off warm hues of oranges, pinks and yellows that are basically infrared sensors that change with the motion of the visitors.
"When working with digital imagery as a medium, having the ultimate in display capabilities is crucial to the successful execution of my creations. The new Samsung Curved TV merged seamlessly with my artistic direction for Origin of the Curve as it delivers the very best high-definition and color capability, coupled with an elegant curved design that draws you in and envelops the viewer," Chevalier said to Recombu.
Samsung is one of the brands that have showcased the curved screen fad on TVs, with the others being Panasonic and LG.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Players Can Get The Free Character Boost Now And Still Upgrade To The Collector's Edition On Nov. 13, 2014, Plus The Horde Chopper Mount Will Only Be Available Until Sept. 30, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]