Nexus 6 Release Dilemma as Confirmed Nexus X Smartphone Specs and Android 5.0 L Show Up in AnTuTu
By Precious Silva | August 27, 2014 9:12 AM EST
The Nexus 6 has caught the spotlight for quite some time now without further confirmation from Google about its release. As the market remains on the lookout for the Nexus 6, a new Google smartphone has shown up. The Motorola Nexus X smartphone has been spotted on AnTuTu reportedly running on Google's upcoming Android 5.0 L platform. Can this be a whole new line of product or will it replace the much awaited Nexus 6?
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels May 30, 2014. Google has taken the first steps to meet a European ruling that citizens can have objectionable links removed from Internet search results, a ruling that pleased privacy campaigners but raised fears that the right can be abused to hide negative information.
It is not clear whether the spotted Nexus X device is just another name assigned to the upcoming Nexus 6 flagship. According to GSM Arena, the leaked screenshots from AnTuTu of the Nexus X coincides with the previously reported features of the Nexus 6. The Nexus 6 was spotted before on a similar benchmark database.
According to the GFXBench listing the Nexus 6 device, also dubbed as Google Shamu, will come with the following features: 5.2-inch QHD display offering 1,440 x 2,560 pixels, pixel density at 564ppi, 13MP primary camera and 2.1MP back camera. The Shamu will also run on the Android L platform with a Snapdragon 805 processor and quad-core Krait 450 processor clocked at 2.65GHz. Other features include 3GB RAM and Adreno 420 GPU.
The Nexus X, as noted by TKTechNews, bears the following features as listed on AnTuTu, 2560 x 1440 pixels roughly around 5.2-inch in size, Snapdragon 805 APQ8084 chipset clocked at 2.7GHz quad-core CPU, 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory and Adreno 420 GPU. The unannounced device posted a 35,430 score on AnTuTu. While this may not be as impressive, the score may also be due to the pre-production nature of the device. Google and Motorola may still have changes in store for it.
According to Talk Android, the Nexus X smartphone may come out on September 17. This will be earlier compared to the previous releases of Google. More importantly, Best Buy page also contributes the following specs about the upcoming handset:
-4G LTE speed
-LMP operating system
-Colo touch screen
The screen size is still in dispute as leaked benchmark sightings suggest around 5.2 to 5.3 inches of screen while the Best Buy page posted a 5.9-inch screen.
Google has not made any official announcements about its releases this latter part of the year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More