‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ VS. ‘Star Wars Legacy': Lightsaber And Character Speculations
By Tanya Diente | August 27, 2014 8:16 AM EST
With all the rumours of possible plot details and character information thrown in every now and then for "Star Wars: Episode VII," a report claims the leaked information have little similarities with "Star Wars Legacy" especially on speculations pertaining to the lightsaber's discovery, and Daisy Ridley and John Boyega's character.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
"Star Wars" dedicated site Making Star Wars reports fans have claimed some details in the new sci-fi movie have some similarities to "Star Wars Legacy." Below, the site breaks down some of the possible resemblance, likewise their differences.
Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber
In "Star Wars Legacy" the lightsaber was reportedly discovered by Ania Solo and her friend Mon Cal in her junk shop. Thinking they could exchange it for cash, they set off looking for a possible buyer. Thus, their adventure begins.
Badass Digest reports the Jedi Master's weapon was discovered by Daisy Ridley and John Boyega's character on a desert planet. It was said to have fallen from the sky held by a severed hand. Making Star Wars adds the weapon came with a note from Luke saying that he'd already be dead when someone finds the lightsaber and to return it to his family.
The discovery of the Jedi relic sets the pair on a journey to find its rightful owner. Their travel off-space leads them to Han Solo and Chewbacca who are piloting the Millennium Falcon.
Probably the only similarity here according to Making Star Wars is their journey that takes them to the Solo/Skywalkers. In "Star Wars: Episode VII" John Boyega is reportedly also not playing the role of Mon Cal.
John Boyega and Daisy Ridley
In "Star Wars Legacy" the black lead male character is a knight who teams up with a white woman. However, according to Making Star Wars Boyega's character in "Star Wars: Episode VII" is rumoured to be a Stormtrooper. He eventually sided with the good guys after he was saved by Daisy Ridley's character from a crashed ship as previously reported by International Business Times.
Although both male characters are black, Making Star Wars claims there is no similarity between John Boyega's character in "Star Wars: Episode VII" to the knight in "Legacy." Even with Ridley's presence in the movie reportedly doesn't prove any resemblance to the team up in "Star Wars Legacy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Elimination Recap: Redfoo’s Acts in the Bottom 2; Ed Sheeran, The Veronicas, AJR Guest Star [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes