‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ VS. ‘Star Wars Legacy': Lightsaber And Character Speculations
By Tanya Diente | August 27, 2014 8:16 AM EST
With all the rumours of possible plot details and character information thrown in every now and then for "Star Wars: Episode VII," a report claims the leaked information have little similarities with "Star Wars Legacy" especially on speculations pertaining to the lightsaber's discovery, and Daisy Ridley and John Boyega's character.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
"Star Wars" dedicated site Making Star Wars reports fans have claimed some details in the new sci-fi movie have some similarities to "Star Wars Legacy." Below, the site breaks down some of the possible resemblance, likewise their differences.
Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber
In "Star Wars Legacy" the lightsaber was reportedly discovered by Ania Solo and her friend Mon Cal in her junk shop. Thinking they could exchange it for cash, they set off looking for a possible buyer. Thus, their adventure begins.
Badass Digest reports the Jedi Master's weapon was discovered by Daisy Ridley and John Boyega's character on a desert planet. It was said to have fallen from the sky held by a severed hand. Making Star Wars adds the weapon came with a note from Luke saying that he'd already be dead when someone finds the lightsaber and to return it to his family.
The discovery of the Jedi relic sets the pair on a journey to find its rightful owner. Their travel off-space leads them to Han Solo and Chewbacca who are piloting the Millennium Falcon.
Probably the only similarity here according to Making Star Wars is their journey that takes them to the Solo/Skywalkers. In "Star Wars: Episode VII" John Boyega is reportedly also not playing the role of Mon Cal.
John Boyega and Daisy Ridley
In "Star Wars Legacy" the black lead male character is a knight who teams up with a white woman. However, according to Making Star Wars Boyega's character in "Star Wars: Episode VII" is rumoured to be a Stormtrooper. He eventually sided with the good guys after he was saved by Daisy Ridley's character from a crashed ship as previously reported by International Business Times.
Although both male characters are black, Making Star Wars claims there is no similarity between John Boyega's character in "Star Wars: Episode VII" to the knight in "Legacy." Even with Ridley's presence in the movie reportedly doesn't prove any resemblance to the team up in "Star Wars Legacy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]