‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ VS. ‘Star Wars Legacy': Lightsaber And Character Speculations
By Tanya Diente | August 27, 2014 8:16 AM EST
With all the rumours of possible plot details and character information thrown in every now and then for "Star Wars: Episode VII," a report claims the leaked information have little similarities with "Star Wars Legacy" especially on speculations pertaining to the lightsaber's discovery, and Daisy Ridley and John Boyega's character.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
"Star Wars" dedicated site Making Star Wars reports fans have claimed some details in the new sci-fi movie have some similarities to "Star Wars Legacy." Below, the site breaks down some of the possible resemblance, likewise their differences.
Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber
In "Star Wars Legacy" the lightsaber was reportedly discovered by Ania Solo and her friend Mon Cal in her junk shop. Thinking they could exchange it for cash, they set off looking for a possible buyer. Thus, their adventure begins.
Badass Digest reports the Jedi Master's weapon was discovered by Daisy Ridley and John Boyega's character on a desert planet. It was said to have fallen from the sky held by a severed hand. Making Star Wars adds the weapon came with a note from Luke saying that he'd already be dead when someone finds the lightsaber and to return it to his family.
The discovery of the Jedi relic sets the pair on a journey to find its rightful owner. Their travel off-space leads them to Han Solo and Chewbacca who are piloting the Millennium Falcon.
Probably the only similarity here according to Making Star Wars is their journey that takes them to the Solo/Skywalkers. In "Star Wars: Episode VII" John Boyega is reportedly also not playing the role of Mon Cal.
John Boyega and Daisy Ridley
In "Star Wars Legacy" the black lead male character is a knight who teams up with a white woman. However, according to Making Star Wars Boyega's character in "Star Wars: Episode VII" is rumoured to be a Stormtrooper. He eventually sided with the good guys after he was saved by Daisy Ridley's character from a crashed ship as previously reported by International Business Times.
Although both male characters are black, Making Star Wars claims there is no similarity between John Boyega's character in "Star Wars: Episode VII" to the knight in "Legacy." Even with Ridley's presence in the movie reportedly doesn't prove any resemblance to the team up in "Star Wars Legacy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2