‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ VS. ‘Star Wars Legacy': Lightsaber And Character Speculations
By Tanya Diente | August 27, 2014 8:16 AM EST
With all the rumours of possible plot details and character information thrown in every now and then for "Star Wars: Episode VII," a report claims the leaked information have little similarities with "Star Wars Legacy" especially on speculations pertaining to the lightsaber's discovery, and Daisy Ridley and John Boyega's character.
People dressed as "Star Wars" characters Boba Fett (L) and a Stormtrooper pose at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
"Star Wars" dedicated site Making Star Wars reports fans have claimed some details in the new sci-fi movie have some similarities to "Star Wars Legacy." Below, the site breaks down some of the possible resemblance, likewise their differences.
Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber
In "Star Wars Legacy" the lightsaber was reportedly discovered by Ania Solo and her friend Mon Cal in her junk shop. Thinking they could exchange it for cash, they set off looking for a possible buyer. Thus, their adventure begins.
Badass Digest reports the Jedi Master's weapon was discovered by Daisy Ridley and John Boyega's character on a desert planet. It was said to have fallen from the sky held by a severed hand. Making Star Wars adds the weapon came with a note from Luke saying that he'd already be dead when someone finds the lightsaber and to return it to his family.
The discovery of the Jedi relic sets the pair on a journey to find its rightful owner. Their travel off-space leads them to Han Solo and Chewbacca who are piloting the Millennium Falcon.
Probably the only similarity here according to Making Star Wars is their journey that takes them to the Solo/Skywalkers. In "Star Wars: Episode VII" John Boyega is reportedly also not playing the role of Mon Cal.
John Boyega and Daisy Ridley
In "Star Wars Legacy" the black lead male character is a knight who teams up with a white woman. However, according to Making Star Wars Boyega's character in "Star Wars: Episode VII" is rumoured to be a Stormtrooper. He eventually sided with the good guys after he was saved by Daisy Ridley's character from a crashed ship as previously reported by International Business Times.
Although both male characters are black, Making Star Wars claims there is no similarity between John Boyega's character in "Star Wars: Episode VII" to the knight in "Legacy." Even with Ridley's presence in the movie reportedly doesn't prove any resemblance to the team up in "Star Wars Legacy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James