‘Sherlock’ Update: ‘Devastating Plan’ For Season 4 That Made Cast Shed Tears, Production Detail
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 27, 2014 7:08 AM EST
On Monday night, BBC's "Sherlock" scored three big wins at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards. Benedict Cumberbatch [Sherlock] won the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie for "Sherlock -- His Last Vow," while Martin Freeman [Dr Watson] won the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie for the same episode.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch smiles as he arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 3, 2014.
"Sherlock -- His Last Vow," which brought back Moriarty in the final moments, is the last episode of "Sherlock" Season 3. And for writing this episode, Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," took home the golden award for Outstanding Writing for a Mini-Series or Movie.
After his first Emmy win, Moffat spilled some details about Season 4, without revealing anything. He said that they have "a plan to top" "Sherlock" Season 3.
"I do think our plan is devastating," Moffat said to the media, as quoted by Variety. "We practically reduced our cast to tears by revealing the plan." He said he and his "Sherlock" co-creator Mark Gatiss are "excited" about what they have got for the upcoming season.
"Probably more excited than we've ever been about 'Sherlock,' and we're a couple of fan-boys, so honestly, I think we can," Gatiss said, as quoted by Zap2it.
He confirmed reports that they are going to start shooting the one-off special episode in January 2015. And later in 2015, "we're doing three more 'Sherlocks'" Moffat said. According to media reports, the production of "Sherlock" Season 4 was originally scheduled to begin this autumn.
Speaking about a date for Season 4, Moffat joked, "I wondered how long that one would take." He said that it is for BBC to decide when it is time for "Sherlock" to say goodbye. He called himself a "loyal servant" of BBC. "I simply do what they ask me," Moffat said.
The new season of "Sherlock" promises to take Sherlock and Dr Watson into "deeper and darker water than ever before."
This year, "Sherlock" has won seven Emmy awards, the highest for any show. At the Creative Arts Emmy, "Sherlock" bagged the Best Cinematography for a Miniseries or Movie [Neville Kidd]; Best Music Composition for a Miniseries, Movie, Or Dramatic Special [David Arnold and Michael Price]; Best Single-Camera Editing for a Miniseries or Movie [Yan Miles]; Best Sound Editing for a Miniseries, Movie, or Dramatic Special [Doug Sinclair, Stuart McCowan, Jon Joyce, Paul McFadden, William Everett, and Sue Harding].
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS