Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger Reveals Lukas Podolski's Fate
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 27, 2014 4:35 AM EST
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger revealed that he will keep attacker Lukas Podolski in his squad amid reports that the latter could be heading for the exits at the Emirates.
The Gunners frontline, which boasts of names like Mesut Ozil, Aaron Ramsey, Alexis Sanchez, and Olivier Giroud, is full of quality that it might leave the former Bayern Munich man sitting on the bench for most, if not the entire, season (heck, he wasn't even named as a substitute in their first two outings in the Premier League).
Germany's Lukas Podolski carries his child, Louis Gabriel Podolski, as he celebrates after extra time in the 2014 World Cup final between Germany and Argentina at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro July 13, 2014.
Nevertheless, the French mentor showed that the 29-year-old will, at some point, get his fair share of chances after announcing that the latter could feature against Besiktas in the Champions League qualifiers.
"Podolski is in the squad for Wednesday and will stay with us," said the 64-year-old tactician.
Much was expected of the German international when he first set foot at north London, but the circumstances are not getting any better as his role in the first-team has been further diminished by the revelations as well as arrivals of key personnel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu