Liverpool FC: Reds Might Already Be Having A Problem As Balotelli Bares Selfish Side
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 27, 2014 4:03 AM EST
Recent Liverpool signing Mario Balotelli can't help but bare his selfish side in an interview last Monday, after he finally penned a contract with the Merseyside outfit.
The 24-year-old, who was often on the front pages of newspapers because of his on and off-pitch antics, showed that he still was not mature enough to fully grasp the concept and importance of a team when it comes to playing the beautiful game.
Liverpool's new signings Mario Balotelli (2nd R) and Adam Lallana (2nd L) watch their team during their English Premier League soccer match against Manchester City at the Etihad stadium in Manchester, northern England August 25, 2014.
"I want to win another Champions League for sure, because the Champions League wasn't all mine, I was in a team," Balotelli told Liverpoolfc.com.
"I want to take this team to the Champions League."
Apparently, Super Mario's statements run counter to Brendan Rodgers' philosophy of playing the game as a unit, which may lead to bigger problems in the long run.
At this juncture, however, anything that could possibly arise from the Italian international's attitude and frame of mind is still speculation, and it remains to be seen whether the Irish mentor can tame the beast within Balotelli.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced