Liverpool FC: Reds Might Already Be Having A Problem As Balotelli Bares Selfish Side
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 27, 2014 4:03 AM EST
Recent Liverpool signing Mario Balotelli can't help but bare his selfish side in an interview last Monday, after he finally penned a contract with the Merseyside outfit.
The 24-year-old, who was often on the front pages of newspapers because of his on and off-pitch antics, showed that he still was not mature enough to fully grasp the concept and importance of a team when it comes to playing the beautiful game.
Liverpool's new signings Mario Balotelli (2nd R) and Adam Lallana (2nd L) watch their team during their English Premier League soccer match against Manchester City at the Etihad stadium in Manchester, northern England August 25, 2014.
"I want to win another Champions League for sure, because the Champions League wasn't all mine, I was in a team," Balotelli told Liverpoolfc.com.
"I want to take this team to the Champions League."
Apparently, Super Mario's statements run counter to Brendan Rodgers' philosophy of playing the game as a unit, which may lead to bigger problems in the long run.
At this juncture, however, anything that could possibly arise from the Italian international's attitude and frame of mind is still speculation, and it remains to be seen whether the Irish mentor can tame the beast within Balotelli.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage