Liverpool FC: Reds Might Already Be Having A Problem As Balotelli Bares Selfish Side
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 27, 2014 4:03 AM EST
Recent Liverpool signing Mario Balotelli can't help but bare his selfish side in an interview last Monday, after he finally penned a contract with the Merseyside outfit.
The 24-year-old, who was often on the front pages of newspapers because of his on and off-pitch antics, showed that he still was not mature enough to fully grasp the concept and importance of a team when it comes to playing the beautiful game.
Liverpool's new signings Mario Balotelli (2nd R) and Adam Lallana (2nd L) watch their team during their English Premier League soccer match against Manchester City at the Etihad stadium in Manchester, northern England August 25, 2014.
"I want to win another Champions League for sure, because the Champions League wasn't all mine, I was in a team," Balotelli told Liverpoolfc.com.
"I want to take this team to the Champions League."
Apparently, Super Mario's statements run counter to Brendan Rodgers' philosophy of playing the game as a unit, which may lead to bigger problems in the long run.
At this juncture, however, anything that could possibly arise from the Italian international's attitude and frame of mind is still speculation, and it remains to be seen whether the Irish mentor can tame the beast within Balotelli.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Chelsea FC: Spanish NT Doctor Belies Mourinho's Claim That Diego Costa Aggravated Hamstring Injury
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists