Liverpool FC: Reds Might Already Be Having A Problem As Balotelli Bares Selfish Side
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 27, 2014 4:03 AM EST
Recent Liverpool signing Mario Balotelli can't help but bare his selfish side in an interview last Monday, after he finally penned a contract with the Merseyside outfit.
The 24-year-old, who was often on the front pages of newspapers because of his on and off-pitch antics, showed that he still was not mature enough to fully grasp the concept and importance of a team when it comes to playing the beautiful game.
Liverpool's new signings Mario Balotelli (2nd R) and Adam Lallana (2nd L) watch their team during their English Premier League soccer match against Manchester City at the Etihad stadium in Manchester, northern England August 25, 2014.
"I want to win another Champions League for sure, because the Champions League wasn't all mine, I was in a team," Balotelli told Liverpoolfc.com.
"I want to take this team to the Champions League."
Apparently, Super Mario's statements run counter to Brendan Rodgers' philosophy of playing the game as a unit, which may lead to bigger problems in the long run.
At this juncture, however, anything that could possibly arise from the Italian international's attitude and frame of mind is still speculation, and it remains to be seen whether the Irish mentor can tame the beast within Balotelli.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft