Justin Bieber Was Not A Very Good Host For 'Saturday Night Live,' Cast Members Tell All In A Book
By nidhi tewari | August 26, 2014 11:55 PM EST
Justin Bieber has made his mark as a singer but when it comes to being a host at a television program, his boyish charms did not impress anyone. The cast of "Saturday Night Live" have called Justin Bieber not a very good host for the program. The on and off boyfriend of Selena Gomez did not leave a good impression on the entire team of the talk show, new information from a book has revealed.
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber arrives for amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2014 event in Antibes during the 67th Cannes Film Festival, May 22, 2014.
"I really didn't enjoy having Justin Bieber around," revealed former cast member Bill Hader in the new edition of the book, "Live From New York: An Uncensored History Of Saturday Night Live." Hader made this revelation to the writers of the SNL book, James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales.
Hader said that he did not have a great impression about the "Baby" singer prior to meeting him and was hoping that Justin proved that wrong. Justin, however, did exactly the opposite and "lived up to the reputation," Hader said, adding that he has never felt that way about any artist in eight years.
Hader is not the only one who has had a bad impression about Justin's hosting skills. Fellow cast member Kate McKinnon also shares the same sentiments and revealed that Justin too was not very comfortable with the task given to him.
"Bieber wasn't too upset by my impression of him," said cast member Kate McKinnon. "But he wasn't pleased."
"Live From New York: An Uncensored History Of Saturday Night Live" also talks about various incidents that happened backstage during the filming of the show and also reveals the relationship troubles between SNL staffers and producer Lorne Michaels.
Apart from the celebrities, the book also revealed some unknown details about various politicians including Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama. One such incident talks about how Hilary Clinton cancelled her 2007 appearance on the show and the SNL team was forced to bring then-unknown Senator Barack Obama to host the show instead. The writers of the book are of the opinion that Hilary's withdrawal from the show actually helped Obama win people's hearts that ultimately led to his run for elections in 2008.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates