Miley Cyrus Praises Nicki Minaj's Bums And Twerking, Says She Is Retiring From Twerking
By nidhi tewari | August 26, 2014 11:36 PM EST
Miley Cyrus is retiring from twerking and the the singer herself made this announcement. The "Wrecking Ball" songstress also praised fellow singer Nicki Minaj for her twerking skills in her "Anaconda" music video and has openly admitted that she cannot twerk like Nicki.
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs at the O2 Arena in central London May 6, 2014.
Miley rose to fame when she twerked at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards on her song "We Can't Stop."
The 21-year-old made twerking a global phenomenon and following in her footsteps, many other artists like Nicki Minaj and Rihanna came out with their own music videos that featured twerking. But, now it looks like Miley has had enough of twerking in the last one year and hence she has announced her plans to retire from this dance form.
"I've retired [from twerking], I'm making some music right now with The Flaming Lips. It's different. It's a little psychadelic," the singer revealed in an interview with MTV at the MTV VMA's on Sunday.
Cyrus also revealed to MTV that she is working on a new album that might take five years to be released. The untitled album will be different from her previous ones as it will not be "about twerking but about music," Miley said.
Meanwhile, Miley said that she can't compete with Nicki Minaj's bums when it comes to twerking. She was referring to Nicki's latest single "Anaconda," which broke Miley's record of the most viewed song on Vevo.
"You know that a--, I ain't got that a--. I can bring that body, I can bring that wrecking ball, but I can't bring that a--. Not that Anaconda," Miley told MTV's VJ's Sway and "Pretty Little Liars" star Lucy Hale just before the MTV VMA party started.
On Sunday, Miley's music video for her song "Wrecking Ball" won the MTV VMA for Music Video of the Year. The singer did something completely unexpected and sent a homeless man Jesse on stage to collect her award. The singer not only let Jesse collect award on her behalf but also let the 22-year-old homeless youth to make a little speech about the crucial issue.
Miley's move garnered her great respect from her fans and several websites have not stopped praising the singer for her humanitarian gesture. Cyrus not only thanked her fans for the appreciation but also revealed that she chose VMAs as a platform because the award show is watched by youth.
The singer's appearance at the 2014 MTV VMA was completely in contrast to her last year's performance. Miley came dressed in skimpy clothes last year and gave a very controversial performance. This year, the singer was dressed rather conservatively and she also touched the audience by spreading awareness about homeless youth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More