Miley Cyrus Praises Nicki Minaj's Bums And Twerking, Says She Is Retiring From Twerking
By nidhi tewari | August 26, 2014 11:36 PM EST
Miley Cyrus is retiring from twerking and the the singer herself made this announcement. The "Wrecking Ball" songstress also praised fellow singer Nicki Minaj for her twerking skills in her "Anaconda" music video and has openly admitted that she cannot twerk like Nicki.
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs at the O2 Arena in central London May 6, 2014.
Miley rose to fame when she twerked at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards on her song "We Can't Stop."
The 21-year-old made twerking a global phenomenon and following in her footsteps, many other artists like Nicki Minaj and Rihanna came out with their own music videos that featured twerking. But, now it looks like Miley has had enough of twerking in the last one year and hence she has announced her plans to retire from this dance form.
"I've retired [from twerking], I'm making some music right now with The Flaming Lips. It's different. It's a little psychadelic," the singer revealed in an interview with MTV at the MTV VMA's on Sunday.
Cyrus also revealed to MTV that she is working on a new album that might take five years to be released. The untitled album will be different from her previous ones as it will not be "about twerking but about music," Miley said.
Meanwhile, Miley said that she can't compete with Nicki Minaj's bums when it comes to twerking. She was referring to Nicki's latest single "Anaconda," which broke Miley's record of the most viewed song on Vevo.
"You know that a--, I ain't got that a--. I can bring that body, I can bring that wrecking ball, but I can't bring that a--. Not that Anaconda," Miley told MTV's VJ's Sway and "Pretty Little Liars" star Lucy Hale just before the MTV VMA party started.
On Sunday, Miley's music video for her song "Wrecking Ball" won the MTV VMA for Music Video of the Year. The singer did something completely unexpected and sent a homeless man Jesse on stage to collect her award. The singer not only let Jesse collect award on her behalf but also let the 22-year-old homeless youth to make a little speech about the crucial issue.
Miley's move garnered her great respect from her fans and several websites have not stopped praising the singer for her humanitarian gesture. Cyrus not only thanked her fans for the appreciation but also revealed that she chose VMAs as a platform because the award show is watched by youth.
The singer's appearance at the 2014 MTV VMA was completely in contrast to her last year's performance. Miley came dressed in skimpy clothes last year and gave a very controversial performance. This year, the singer was dressed rather conservatively and she also touched the audience by spreading awareness about homeless youth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’